Titanfall

Hey! Ho! Jambo!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll probably hold off till the spring to go next gen, still really undecided whether to go PS4 or stick with XBox.

Broadband speeds in Ayrshire are absolutely awful just now. I was talking to a guy I know who has an XBox One and he said it took around 45 hours to install Battlefield 4, and, while it was installing he couldn't do anything else?

is that right enough? If so, that's a disgrace.

I agree, broadband is shite here.

Glowing preview on Eurogamer from one of my favourite games journalists.

The lingering question is whether all the things that Titanfall makes easy and accessible are backed up by other things that can keep it interesting over the days and months that follow, but I feel optimistic about that. For one thing, a beta with this many good ideas, executed this well, which makes old dogs like me perform new tricks with such ease, is made by people who have done a lot of heavy lifting in the three years they've been working on it. I doubt they didn't think about what happens after the first dozen hours.

I get the sense that Respawn favours breadth and variety over giving you tall columns of skill to ascend by running down ever-narrowing alleyways, and that gives me confidence that I'll still be playing Titanfall long after we stop standing by. I wasn't expecting that at all.

:lol:

I watched a guy do the exact same thing, shooting a Titan with the smart pistol then getting trampled to death. It's surely not difficult to work out that your "anti-Titan" weapon is going to be more effective than a pistol.

What did you make of the beta?

Only had a very brief play through but i quite enjoyed it. A different take on the shooter than im used too but i like the changing dynamic iro pilot then titans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been playing this tonight on PC, using Mexican Origin and a VPN you can play it. The Deluxe editon with the season pass costs £60, but using Mexico you get it for £28. Games brilliant.

Use Hola for Chrome, or another free VPN if you want.

1. Go to www.origin.com and turn on Hola and choose Mexican (Will be in Spanish but use Google translate if needed)

2. Put Titanfall Deluxe in the basket (will be 599 Mexican Pesos)

3. Open shopping basket and click proceed from lower right corner

4. Disconnect from your proxy just before logging in to Origin.

5.Log into your origin account (and change page language to English if needed)

6. Buy it like normal, (I used Paypal and just stuck in a random Mexican address) 7. Order will complete as normal and you will get confirmation email and Titanfall now in your origin account!

This is PC only.

4 days and counting, really liking the look of the game from what i've seen of it so far,

Scunnered though as i've paid £55 from Game and HMV are doing it for £49 just up the other end of the high street in Ayr!!

Archived