The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

That's quite a radical concept. Raised seating in a stand for those that want to sit with a terraced standing area below it for those that prefer to stand. I wonder why they've thought of it before...

I think turning the entire stand into rail seating would have been quite cool. More expensive of course. Ayr look good just now for promotion to the top flight, should they make it up it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that they finish in a European spot in the DSP (Dog Shit Premiership) - so I’m assuming they wouldn’t be able to use any of their terraced areas to play UEFA games, so they’d have to use Rugby Park or something.

20 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I think turning the entire stand into rail seating would have been quite cool. More expensive of course. Ayr look good just now for promotion to the top flight, should they make it up it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that they finish in a European spot in the DSP (Dog Shit Premiership) - so I’m assuming they wouldn’t be able to use any of their terraced areas to play UEFA games, so they’d have to use Rugby Park or something.

Shitting Christ settle down.

19 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

There are established Premiership clubs like St Mirren and Livingston who haven't been in Europe in a very long time or at all in the case of Ross County. Why would Ayr suddenly have a shot? Kilmarnock won the Championship last season and are struggling.

Would hate to see Ayr become all seater just in case they had a once in a century shot at Europe. Think the design in the above image is pretty smart.

There are established Premiership clubs like St Mirren and Livingston who haven't been in Europe in a very long time or at all in the case of Ross County. Why would Ayr suddenly have a shot? Kilmarnock won the Championship last season and are struggling.
Would hate to see Ayr become all seater just in case they had a once in a century shot at Europe. Think the design in the above image is pretty smart.

Yeah it’s unlikely of course but you never know. That’s why I suggested tail seats, best of both worlds. I too like the design plans Ayr have released.

Slow burner at Lesser Hampden, visited a few times. Are there plans to have any terracing - on either side I guess ?  Different ideas at Ayr look good, again I hope they keep terrace unless told it's unsafe, by some jobsworth. Always interesting to see how clubs progress - unless they just bang seats onto the terrace which looks crap.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 18/04/2023 at 21:50, eez-eh said:

Don’t they struggle to fill it as it is?

A lot of the big clubs do. Where it can help City is to get around FFP by basically buying the empty seats themselves to make it look like income.

8 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

A lot of the big clubs do. Where it can help City is to get around FFP by basically buying the empty seats themselves to make it look like income.

It is a myth they don't fill it. When do you see a Man City EPL game with empty seats? They averaged a higher attendance than Liverpool last season.

They have 120k people on a waiting list so to think they are building a bigger stadium to sit empty to get round FFP is simply not true.

They got 30k in league 1, they don't have a poor support.

8 hours ago, ahemps said:

It is a myth they don't fill it. When do you see a Man City EPL game with empty seats? They averaged a higher attendance than Liverpool last season.

They have 120k people on a waiting list so to think they are building a bigger stadium to sit empty to get round FFP is simply not true.

You can usually get tickets for plenty of big clubs for midweek games. Especially in the cups. I even managed to get one for Chelsea v Porto in the CL a few years back. 

I was at City v Stoke in the PL too.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

On 04/07/2023 at 20:21, jamamafegan said:

Everton's new stadium progress:

"Standing seam roof system installations on North Stand to provide weather protection" - There's a roof for when it rains.

On 05/07/2023 at 13:01, ahemps said:

Why has Pep been on telly begging fans to turn up then?

20 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Why has Pep been on telly begging fans to turn up then?

I think what you are referring to is Pep complaining about the crowd for CL games.

The fans have a problem with UEFA and they don't always fill it for CL games but for the premier league they have a 96% full attendance rate and average bigger crowds than Liverpool.

Do you not think they get a good following?

• 1 month later...