The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

Haha I do that too. I once got my parents to drive me to the Britannia Stadium and Port Vales ground when we were down in Stoke for Alton Towers.

:lol: At least I'm not the only one

I quite often look up stadiums on google street view as well :(

Same - nothing :( about it squire! It's actually quite fucking 8) if you ask me.

Im just glad I'm not alone in doing it! Don't care so much about the Scottish stadiums nowadays but if i were in an English town or city i would make a point of going to see at least one stadium, going to sheffield for a weekend in March so hopefully get a look in at one of the stadiums even if i don't get to a game

Looks like a massive white elephant as it stands.

I know this is slightly off topic, but my favourite ever stadium was probably the most famous example of a "White Elephant". The Stadio Delle Alpi

stadio-delle-alpi.jpg

I know this is slightly off topic, but my favourite ever stadium was probably the most famous example of a "White Elephant". The Stadio Delle Alpi

stadio-delle-alpi.jpg

I was at the Scotland v Brazil game in 1990. It looked jaw dropping amazing approaching it. Impressive inside, but the running track meant it was crap for watching football and the atmosphere was better in Genoa which had about half the capacity.

I was at the Scotland v Brazil game in 1990. It looked jaw dropping amazing approaching it. Impressive inside, but the running track meant it was crap for watching football and the atmosphere was better in Genoa which had about half the capacity.

Yeah it was seemingly a completely horrific place to watch football. Something about it makes me love it though. The new stadium is outstanding aswell though

Yeah it was seemingly a completely horrific place to watch football. Something about it makes me love it though. The new stadium is outstanding aswell though

Whilst on (slightly) the same topic I also like to see on Google Maps where clubs old stadiums used to be, in relation to where their new ones are. No idea why, but I find it quite fascinating - obviously in Juves case it's on the same site, and the new stadium is indeed beautiful - but looking at where Brockville/Broomfield/Maine Road etc used to be.

I think I need help.

Im just glad I'm not alone in doing it! Don't care so much about the Scottish stadiums nowadays but if i were in an English town or city i would make a point of going to see at least one stadium, going to sheffield for a weekend in March so hopefully get a look in at one of the stadiums even if i don't get to a game

I done this a couple of years back when I was in Sheffield, had a couple hours to kill so went looking for their stadiums, 2 cracking old grounds from the outside anyway. The other half was raging, think she had trailing round the shops in mind, not groundspotting lol.

post-25425-1391947972994_thumb.jpg

Bristol Rovers are also building a new 21,000 capacity stadium

bristol-rovers-new-stadium.jpg

See, I don't like that. Too generic. Hate generic bowl grounds.

I remember being on the pepsi max ride in blackpool and amidst absolutely shitting myself as it climbed ti its peak point just before the massive drop i remember thinking "oooh theres bloomfield road"

Haha, I forgot I went to see Bloomfield Road when I was in Blackpool. Insisted I would see it. While everyone else was at the fun fairs I roamed the streets of Blackpool to find the ground. Asked if I could have a look inside but they wouldn't let me because they actually did guided tours of Bloomfield Road :lol: