The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

I love talking about football stadiums. Whether it's about capacities, design, atmospheric potential, etc - I love discussing it. Tbh, it's probably my favourite aspect of the great game. There's an excellent thread about old Scottish stadiums of the past in the SPL forum (if you haven't seen it I would highly recommend you have a look).

That's the past...but what about the future? Numerous times I have seen people posting information about teams refurbishing their ground or building a new stadium on various other topics. I think it is a good idea to have a single place to properly discuss new or developing football grounds. I'll get us started...

Would love if they stuck a pub at each corner.

Good idea, they could have a pub at either end - one for home fans and one for away.

ETA: this one also reminds me of Pittodrie. Would be better if they went for something like this - being slightly bigger - instead of their bowl shaped design at Loirston Loch.

Fiorentina will be getting a new stadium soon but there's no confirmed artists' impressions.

I like the one in Turkey with the crocodile.

Bursaspor's Timsah Arena

Croc3.jpg

Bursaspor-1.jpg

A belter. Due for completion this year apparently.

Edited by jamamafegan

Part of me was disappointed Barcelona didn't see through their plan to build a new stadium. Them throwing billions at a brand spanking new 100,000+ seater stadium would've been a glorious thing to have seen. Either way I'm sure the Nou Camp revamp will look pretty epic too.

The "Nou Mestalla" is an interesting one really. Seemingly building work started in 2007, and yet its still only half finished.

nou-mestalla.jpg

NouMestalla.jpg

You wonder if it'll ever be finished

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the Valencia and Marseille grounds. I don't really dig the spaceship look - I'm a bit of a traditionalist. Real Madrid's planned refurbished ground for example looks ridiculous.

Yeah they all look dangerously "samey". In saying that Id prefer the spaceship look to the CSKA one!

Just had a look at the Bernabeu upgrade.... :green

santiago_bernabeu_entwurf_neu_13.jpg

Whoever decides thats a good idea should be shot, the ground just now looks fantastic and shouldn't be altered

Athletico madrid's new stadium looks quite good. There was a video somewhere on here showing the full planned work.

Valencia's ground is likely to be finished now that a billionaire owns the club. Looks like a massive white elephant as it stands.

I like brentfords plan. But would they sell out a 20k stadium? I don't know if they sell out their current ground.

I love talking about football stadiums. Whether it's about capacities, design, atmospheric potential, etc - I love discussing it. Tbh, it's probably my favourite aspect of the great game. There's an excellent thread about old Scottish stadiums of the past in the SPL forum (if you haven't seen it I would highly recommend you have a look).

That's the past...but what about the future? Numerous times I have seen people posting information about teams refurbishing their ground or building a new stadium on various other topics. I think it is a good idea to have a single place to properly discuss new or developing football grounds. I'll get us started...

Im the same - as a child i would always insist my parents drove past one if not all the glasgow stadiums just so i could get a look in. Few times when i was living in glasgow i would just take a walk and look around the stadiums and think about what games have taken place there etc. i am a sad sad man.

I used to go and watch when they were building Airdrie's stadium. I thought I was a uniquely sad anorak, but I actually met a few folk who were equally sad doing the same thing.

I content myself now doing a bit of ground hopping and trying to spot them when travelling.