The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

spurs' new ground open for business today (24.03) with an U18 game against Southampton; it's one of two "live events" which are required to be staged before the place can be given a safety certificate; capacity limited to 30,000 by all accounts; there are links to live streams popping up in the usual places....

tragically, no fromagerie, as noted elsewhere - but there is a microbrewery on-site serving up the club's own beer - anyone want to have a guess at the price of a pint ?

spurs' new ground open for business today (24.03) with an U18 game against Southampton; it's one of two "live events" which are required to be staged before the place can be given a safety certificate; capacity limited to 30,000 by all accounts; there are links to live streams popping up in the usual places....
tragically, no fromagerie, as noted elsewhere - but there is a microbrewery on-site serving up the club's own beer - anyone want to have a guess at the price of a pint ?

£6.50

Last prices I seen quoted were £4 or £4.50 a pint.

See these ‘live events’ to be hosted before it can get a safety certificate, is this normal? I’ve never noticed this with new football grounds but that’s not to say it doesn’t happen. 

You'll pay £5 a pint in most Edinburgh city centre pubs so you’d expect that at football. 

27 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

See these ‘live events’ to be hosted before it can get a safety certificate, is this normal? I’ve never noticed this with new football grounds but that’s not to say it doesn’t happen. 

You'll pay £5 a pint in most Edinburgh city centre pubs so you’d expect that at football. 

I think it possibly happens with very big venues to make sure the physical and organisational infrastructure can cope... there were charity matches and an U21 game before the new Wembley "opened".

11 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
I could live with those prices. It's not like anybody will be having an all day session in it.

If one’s finances are in a state where you begrudge those prices for beer then watching premiership football in London at £50-£100 a ticket might not be the ideal hobby

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

You can apparently add a pound onto those for the craft beers. Beaverton neck oil and gamma ray.

IMG_8386.thumb.jpg.d5bfe4debe0d0cfeb6813ed9163ed3d9.jpg

Beer prices seem pretty reasonable to be honest, if you think what you pay in a city centre pub or at a music venue pretty much anywhere in Britain.

ETA: £3.50 for a pie though! 🤭

I bet they’re not a patch on the pies down at Haddington Athletic either.

Levy really is really getting an easy ride with this. Imagine if the responsibility to come up with the stadium was given to one of his underlings what his reaction would be... 
'So Daniel, the stadium's had to have it's opening date put back about three times, we've inconvenienced numerous thousand fans, our own fans are fed up with all the delays, we're now about 6 months late, the safety excuses are wearing thin and we're hundreds of millions of pounds over the original £400m price. In fact it'll virtually cost three times as much.'
'No problem. These things happen. It's going to be great when it's finally finished. Have a bonus.'   
Still, as the world's greatest negotiator. I suppose Levy will be delighted at how much he's managed to push the purchase price up. 

17 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

I think it possibly happens with very big venues to make sure the physical and organisational infrastructure can cope... there were charity matches and an U21 game before the new Wembley "opened".

It was the same with the new Main Stand at Anfield there were 2 events. 

16 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

IMG_8386.thumb.jpg.d5bfe4debe0d0cfeb6813ed9163ed3d9.jpg

Beer prices seem pretty reasonable to be honest, if you think what you pay in a city centre pub or at a music venue pretty much anywhere in Britain.

ETA: £3.50 for a pie though!

I bet they’re not a patch on the pies down at Haddington Athletic either.

I remember laughing at a WW committee meeting when they were apprehensive about putting pies up to £1.50 :lol:

Those prices are pretty middle of the road and decent for London. You’ll pay £4 + for a pie at Chelsea but a bit less at the likes of Burnley / Huddersfield.