The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

On 12/22/2018 at 17:51, 8MileBU said:

Wasn’t sure whether to post this here or in the Twitter thread, but my gut tells me it’ll get more appreciation here.

Whilst not all new stadiums, here’s a link to the best thread in Twitter history. Prepare to lose and hour or two trawling through it. Enjoy.

Would love to see a match in El Cilindro. Up there with La Bombonera in the incredible atmosphere stakes.

Actually didn't realise how close Racing and Independiente were to each other until seeing this pic. That looks like it's Dundee levels of proximity.

Edited by Nightmare

2 hours ago, Ayrshire-SFC said:

What will Edinburgh city do in way of spectator area for games that would draw over 500? Seems like there is no standing areas around the pitch aside from the seated area

Probably set up a standing area on the running track like Edinburgh Rugby do at Murrayfield 

Would love to see a match in El Cilindro. Up there with La Bombonera in the incredible atmosphere stakes.
Actually didn't realise how close Racing and Independiente were to each other until seeing this pic. That looks like it's Dundee levels of proximity.

How long did you spend on that thread though?

I haven’t looked at it yet purely because I’m the exact sort of person who will lose hours trawling through it...

Exactly what I did. Spent ages on it. Also kind of annoyed I haven’t managed any good photos of stadiums from planes before. Had a great view of the Emirates last time I flew into London City Airport.

• 2 weeks later...

It will now be March at the earliest before Spurs an use their new Stadium. With calls from a number of fans (Arsenal and Chelsea mostly) and at least one petition for them to get a points deduction 

On 09/01/2019 at 18:21, ajwffc said:

It will now be March at the earliest before Spurs an use their new Stadium. With calls from a number of fans (Arsenal and Chelsea mostly) and at least one petition for them to get a points deduction 

It's petition to ask the FA to deduct points from their tenant for paying a few months extra rent! :lol:

When we had to stage a couple more games at Murrayfield than originally intended there were similar calls on here from weird malcontents

Planning permission granted tonight for Luton Town to start building their new stadium at Power Court

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2019/january/power-court-approved/?fbclid=IwAR1LcXzRG6i0jGO5w2K6q3kmUdU4OfdVr6U10_dT1d5zZHFr_tjy4Cji5hg

Not quite finished with the planning stages as later this month the associated mixed use development at Newlands Court has its planning control meeting.

Large

Planning permission granted tonight for Luton Town to start building their new stadium at Power Court
https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2019/january/power-court-approved/?fbclid=IwAR1LcXzRG6i0jGO5w2K6q3kmUdU4OfdVr6U10_dT1d5zZHFr_tjy4Cji5hg
Not quite finished with the planning stages as later this month the associated mixed use development at Newlands Court has its planning control meeting.

Large&key=967152715db65041545eaa6045e797f7455abcdffd9236a38d163fcf3e65ff25

Wow, the design looks incredible - almost European or something. What capacity is it to be?

7 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Wow, the design looks incredible - almost European or something. What capacity is it to be?

Initally 17,500 with the application covering expansion up to 23k. Current capacity at KR is just over 10k.

Also to include a music venue with capacity of 1800, hotel, supermarket, housing, small cinema. link

The associated retail/leisure development at Newlands has been a hot topic due to objections from the owners of the town centre mall.

On 27/12/2018 at 13:11, GNU_Linux said:

Plans for Meadowbank re-development

On 27/12/2018 at 14:19, Rodhull said:

Surprised they're still planning to go ahead with this. The site has sat dormant for so long now I think most people assumed it was just a matter of time before it'd be announced it was going to be turned into flats.

On 27/12/2018 at 20:40, Ayrshire-SFC said:

What will Edinburgh city do in way of spectator area for games that would draw over 500? Seems like there is no standing areas around the pitch aside from the seated area

Are Edinburgh City planning on moving back to Meadowbank? Last I heard was the statement from February 2018 below, and there's nothing more recent on their website about it:

"Edinburgh City Football Club has been one of the principal users of Meadowbank over the past twenty-one years and, indeed, it was during this time that the Club secured its historic promotion to the Scottish Professional Football League.  Whilst representatives of the Club have met with City of Edinburgh Council on a number of occasions to discuss the proposed redevelopment of Meadowbank, the planning application submitted to the Council does not, as it currently stands, reflect the requirements of a Member Club of the Scottish Professional Football League or the Club’s aspirations for the future.

In particular, the proposed 500 capacity spectator stand and single turnstile are insufficient to accommodate the level of attendance which has been achieved at many of the Club’s home League and Cup games in recent seasons.  Furthermore, it is the Club’s view that the provision of just three rows of seating will offer a very poor viewing experience for spectators, while there is no obvious provision of a pitch perimeter barrier separating the spectator stand from the running track and playing field.

The proposed changing facilities for players and match officials are also of concern and do not reflect the space requirements of modern day Professional Football Clubs and refereeing teams.  In addition, the failure to provide standalone changing facilities for players and match officials would result in them mixing with other Sports Centre users in the circulation areas before, during and after games which is simply not practical.

In closing, the Club would be happy to discuss its concerns with Officers at a mutually convenient time, however unless significant amendments are made to the current proposals it is highly unlikely that the Club would be in a position to return to the new Meadowbank at the end of its current ground share agreement with Spartans Community Football Academy at Ainslie Park Stadium."

http://www.edinburghcityfc.com/2018/02/14/club-statement-meadowbank-stadium-redevelopment/