The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

On 08/09/2017 at 22:49, Sloop John B said:

Atlanta United have taken an interesting approach to hiding off the top tiers in their new stadium.

Nf1rnqQ.jpg

I realise I'm late to replying to this, but this is what we should be doing with Hampden for games that are only selling out 30,000 seats, rather than having giant empty sections. Block off the upper third of the stands and have everyone sitting together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/10/2017 at 16:30, 7-2 said:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/business-news/salford-city-rename-stadium-after-13783211

So that's the 'Class of '92' now changed their club's colours, strip, ground and now the name of that ground. They've only got the Salford City bit to go.

I recently read the book about them running the club and one of the group - possibly Phil Neville - spouted some nonsense about the colours being changed from the original orange/tangerine because there was no reason for them to be that, no one could remember where it come from and it wasn't on the badge. In one of the photos this badge was clearly visible:

bab55188396820a29cda863f7e40835e.jpeg

Needless to say that badge can be added to the list of changes.

• 1 month later...
On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 21:38, HibeeJibee said:

Not exactly on scale being looked at in recent pages but closer to home Kelty Hearts have received planning permission for their new grandstand, to be built during the 2018 closed season.

DJoC0lqXoAI7hcl.jpg

Additional erections unveiled:

DQPG9vRXkAAfUjx.jpg

11 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Had to double take when this was all I seen in the "thread preview" screen...

DQPG9vRXkAAfUjx.jpg

Wow. Didn't think there was enough room for such a huge errection (snigger) between the two sections of terracing (which look a bit strange when you're there as the standing area is built up using paving slabs) but if that comes to pass Kelty will have a very good ground for potential future Lowland League and dare I say SPFL League Two football (and of course Scottish Cup entry). A long way from the old New Central Park where the only cover was a corrugated iron roof along the school shelter wall, and there were only grass banks to stand on. I assume the new stand is going to have changing rooms etc as well?

Sky seem to have the latest series of the Class of 92's fun and games at Salford City. Started last night and featured the planning meeting for their new stadium. Not sure which was better - a woman presenting Gary Neville with a bag of rubbish or Ryan Giggs mentioning he was the first man since Nelson Mandela to be given the freedom of Salford.

On 14/12/2017 at 08:51, 7-2 said:

The only ghosts there will be of the greyhounds and their fans the hypocrites have got rid of to build their new stadium. 

What about the ghosts of the thousands of greyhounds that are killed every year as they are no longer able to race, some of which are thrown out of moving cars or into the North Sea?  Greyhound racing is dying on its arse, tracks are closing all over the place, it is only kept going by the gambling industry and  has already been banned in parts of Australia.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/picture-appears-show-greyhound-being-13883431