The Good Wife

wellboy1991

• 1 month later...

Wee question from a relative newbie to this:

Only seen season 1 of this so far, but caught the latest season trailer on tv which seems to show Florrick in a presidential race! Is it worth pursuing the show given that the events in season 1 make it nigh on impossible he could ever be considered for a presidential ticket! Don't want to waste my time on silly plot lines seasons down the line.

Might be addressed above but don't want any spoilers for other storylines obviously, cheers guys.

Edited by Christophe

Wee question from a relative newbie to this:

Only seen season 1 of this so far, but caught the latest season trailer on tv which seems to show Florrick in a presidential race! Is it worth pursuing the show given that the events in season 1 make it nigh on impossible he could ever be considered for a presidential ticket! Don't want to waste my time on silly plot lines seasons down the line.

Might be addressed above but don't want any spoilers for other storylines obviously, cheers guys.

Stick with it. It's well worth it.

After watching the last 4 or 5 episodes (UK not US) it's been such a drop in quality in this last season. Wondering how it will finish but my interest has dropped massively.

See I disagree - it's been pretty good this season so far although I wasn't too overly impressed with last nights. The campaign is taking over from the lawyer side of things which is a pain!

• 3 weeks later...

Only started watching this a couple months ago when I was on Netflix trying to find something to watch to pass the time.

Now I'm caught up with the US broadcast and only have 2 episodes left before it's all over :(

Only started watching this a couple months ago when I was on Netflix trying to find something to watch to pass the time.

Now I'm caught up with the US broadcast and only have 2 episodes left before it's all over :(

I was going to catch up online with the latest ones but decided I might as well stretch it out so it lasts a bit longer.  Missed last nights one but will get it on tonight.

Spent ages trying to figure out who Judge Schakowsky is.  It's the guy in Happy Gilmore :lol: Have spent ages trying to figure out where I recognised him from!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched the first few series on Netflix and really liking it, with the huge exception of Kalinda. A really poorly written character who is one dimensional, unrealistic and poorly acted. I find it bizarre that she seems so popular.

David Lee, Eli, Will and Cary are all fantastic though.

• 3 weeks later...

A spin-off series focusing in on Diane and Lucca has been confirmed. As long as Eli makes the occasional appearance then I'm happy!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36330670

Quite surprised at this as not really sure how it's going to work, don't remember the two characters having much interaction.

Will be interesting to find out.

Loved the good wife, but the one issue I had with it was the woeful character development. People like Carey pretty much stayed the same over seven series.

Ending was a bit of a let down but I liked the fact that it went full circle.  The first episode started with her slapping Peter and ended on a slap. Was good to see Cary doing his new thing.

No more Eli makes me sad.

• 10 months later...

Has anybody been watching the spin off The Good Fight?  Think there's been 5 or 6 on More 4 and the ones I have seen have been excellent.  It's certainly hit the ground running - fingers crossed it keeps it going for the 2nd half of the season.

On 5/5/2017 at 20:02, wellboy1991 said:

Yup, I've been watching it. Really enjoying it tbh. Apart from some of the over the top political banter.

Very promising so far and I like where it's headed. Plus Luca is hot stuff.

Agree with that.  Although I must admit I did enjoy Julius admitting to being a Trump voter and the sheer confusion it caused!

• 5 years later...

I felt a tad short changed at the lack of Delroy Lindo. He seems to have no more than a bit part in that whole show.

It was pretty stylish, and I couldn't get enough of Christine Baranski, but the constant political messaging was off-putting after a short while.

Ach I missed the cast of complex and realistic characters in the good wife. Superb show.