What's the worst thing you've seen posted on here?

Ooooft! Brilliant! :D

Prior to this fabulous disaster I actually thought you were a good poster! Amused but also disappointed in you JamboMikey.

Please refer to the common, well known phrases 'Pulling a burd' and 'One night stand'...

I'd like to nominate all of these type posts, the "I used to think you were a good contributor, what happened man???!!"

Offered up, without fail, by complete roasters who nobody would possible care about their approval. Not to mention it's practically always used in response to a proper clamping, such as the Mikey/Magee example above. I get it from the lower echelons of Hearts' support all the time.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the subject of Confidemus' threads. The attempt to start one on Ambrosia Pudding's was comfortably one of the worst things I've seen on this website.

For shame Confidemus, for shame.

In fairness to fide, that Ambrosia Puddings thread should have been in the "public service" category rather general nonsense.

:ph34r: who am I kidding.....it was a fcuking disgrace & he should be fcuking ashamed of himself! ;)

The moment where someone, I can't remember who, trolled us all by 'unveiling' Big Gus as the most influential poster ever or suchlike, which would have meant that VikingTon didn't make the list, and Big Gus came along and gave a victory speech despite it being a wind up.

Minter.

Do you mean this speech?:

"

I doubt there's been any whooshing. While we've never broken out into full on e-bickering me and craigkillie have swapped barbs in the past so if he was going to pick a stooge to do a troll I doubt he'd chose me.

I'm very flattered. I don't post here nearly as much as I used to as work means I only get to a handful of Dundee games these days and away days are especially scarce. Barry deserves a nod because it was reading his blog that inspired me to to get back to doing some writing again and I think the combination of food and Scottish football and my shit comedy maybe appealed to the "everyman" more than his twisted tales set in a backdrop of deep Dundee folklore.

On some of the other "hits" I've had the Rebecca Black thing was memorable and some credit must go to Lichtie as you need someone to "play off" to make these threads funny and, while he might not have known much about it, he did that role well. I also enjoyed my "Deathrtap Dungeon" thread. That was a couple of evenings fun.

I never expected to get on this list as I don't feel I've been very influentual as such, I don't post here enough and under 3K posts in 6 years is testament to that I suppose. If it had been top 50 best posters I would have maybe hoped to have picked up a few votes but I'm not complaining. Thanks to everyone who voted for me and top work Craig on the thread which has been very entertaining."

f**k me, he was actually being serious.

He went on to add the following:

"Even I thought VT was a stick on. It's been amusing if nothing else."

and, as the possibility that Big Gus may not actually be number 1, he adds this:

"Pretty strange how a couple of people have now said they voted me their number 1 and I never appeared anywhere else on the list.

*scratches chin*"

He then gains a bit of false bravado after some posters claim to have Gus as their number 1:

"Appears the likes of DomDom, Patrick Bateman et al won't get their "Bobby in the shower" moment then.

Unlucky lads."

Then CraigKillie throws the cat amongst the pigeons:

"P&B's Most Influential Posters - 1

Of course it wasn't Big Gus - he's a #onepointer.

1. VikingTON"

The ambrosia thread wasn't that bad, I've seen much worse.

It was awful. It was the thread equivalent of when you go to the microwave to heat up your soup at work, and some office no-mark comes out with "oh aye, lunch time is it?". Of course it is you fucking twat, I'm having soup at 12:30pm, what else could it possibly be?

It was space filling noise that wasn't required. Utterly pointless, and it rightly died on its arse for that reason.

It was awful. It was the thread equivalent of when you go to the microwave to heat up your soup at work, and some office no-mark comes out with "oh aye, lunch time is it?". Of course it is you fucking twat, I'm having soup at 12:30pm, what else could it possibly be?

It was space filling noise that wasn't required. Utterly pointless, and it rightly died on its arse for that reason.

I tried to resist the "At least you're not bothered" obvious answer, but I can't.

So, with that in mind:

At least you're not bothered.

Shite threads will die on their arse anyway (apart from word association) so it doesn't really bother me. At least he's trying to get some sort of discussion/entertainment going.

Bloody hell, aye, how could I forget about The Word Association thread. That's definitely the worst thing on Pie & Bovril.

135352399349.png

Apparently there's people with thousands of posts in it and nowhere else :huh:

Actually Confidemus is forgiven.

The Word Association is the worst thing on P&B.

I posted a random word once in an attempt to f**k it up and someone posted something associated with it it.

I gave up.

Archived