Generic Eurail/Interrailing Thread

vikingTON

Hey guys, I've read this forum for a while and decided to final join. I am doing Berlin-Poznan-Gdansk-Warsaw-Krakow-Prague-Brno-Bratislava-Budapest-Vienna leaving on sunday. I haven't visited any of these places before or done inter rail before so wondered if anyone had any advice. Anyone know a good place to watch the Scotland game in Berlin? Im staying in Kreuzburg so near there if possible. Though I'm not too bothered if i miss it. Wisla Krakow are at home when I'm there so my take in the game, and wondered if anyone has any experience of game there. What's it like for getting tickets and trouble?

On 1.9.2016 at 17:43, Bulbasaur said:

Hey guys, I've read this forum for a while and decided to final join. I am doing Berlin-Poznan-Gdansk-Warsaw-Krakow-Prague-Brno-Bratislava-Budapest-Vienna leaving on sunday. I haven't visited any of these places before or done inter rail before so wondered if anyone had any advice. Anyone know a good place to watch the Scotland game in Berlin? Im staying in Kreuzburg so near there if possible. Though I'm not too bothered if i miss it. Wisla Krakow are at home when I'm there so my take in the game, and wondered if anyone has any experience of game there. What's it like for getting tickets and trouble?

You'll be struggling, Germany are away to Norway at the same time as the Scotland game.

Try this place http://www.irishpubberlin.de/index.php but is a good while since I've been there, although they did have numerous TVs.

• 2 years later...

Going to bump this as it is a fantastic thread and because of my own recent trip. Love reading others stories about their travels and some great ones in here.

I  have just done a 23 day trip that went:

Budapest - Zagreb - Split - Brac - Mostar - Sarajevo - Kotor - Podgorica.

For Budapest and Montenegro I'll put more detail up in the relevant threads. An utterly fantastic trip starting in Budapest. My fifth time there and one of my favourite cities in the world. The trip to Zagreb was about six hours for 20 Euros.

Zagreb is a great city to spend a couple of days in, highlight being a rooftop gig on an apartment block that became a party. The trip to Split was another 6 hour journey for about 20 Euros. Split is a nice city but a bit touristy and more of a gateway to the island of Brac for us and a couple of days in Supertar and Bol, with Zlatni Rat as impressive as all the photos show.

Bosnia-Herzegovina was my favourite part of the trip. Wonderful people, two great cities, cheap food and booze and swimming in Kravice falls among the highlights. The train journey between Mostar and Sarajevo is stunning too, get first class where it's nice and quiet with huge windows for about twelve euros and just watch the scenery. 

We got a minivan to Kotor which is stunning. Used this as a base for Perast, Cetinje and Lovcen then on to Podgorica. I know Podgorica isn't really loved and it isn't a beautiful city but I had a great couple of days there and it was a fantastic way to round off the trip.

Me and my girlfriend did this together and it was relatively cheap. Flights were 80 euros each, transport between each place a mix of trains and buses that added to about 100 euros each and we stayed in apartments that worked out about 20 Euros a night eaxh, apart from in Podgorica where we got a nice hotel and spa. Probably worked out about 1000ish each all in for just over three weeks for plenty of good food, booze and everything else. 

Edited by JMDP

Going to bump this as it is a fantastic thread and because of my own recent trip. Love reading others stories about their travels and some great ones in here.
For Budapest and Montenegro I'll put more detail up in the relevant threads. An utterly fantastic trip starting in Budapest. My fifth time there and one of my favourite cities in the world. The trip to Zagreb was about six hours for 20 Euros.
Zagreb is a great city to spend a couple of days in, highlight being a rooftop gig on an apartment block that became a party. The trip to Split was another 6 hour journey for about 20 Euros. Split is a nice city but a bit touristy and more of a gateway to the island of Brac for us and a couple of days in Supertar and Bol, with Zlatni Rat as impressive as all the photos show.
Bosnia-Herzegovina was my favourite part of the trip. Wonderful people, two great cities, cheap food and booze and swimming in Kravice falls among the highlights. The train journey between Mostar and Sarajevo is stunning too, get first class where it's nice and quiet with huge windows for about twelve euros and just watch the scenery. 
We got a minivan to Kotor which is stunning. Used this as a base for Perast, Cetinje and Lovcen then on to Podgorica. I know Podgorica isn't really loved and it isn't a beautiful city but I had a great couple of days there and it was a fantastic way to round off the trip.
Me and my girlfriend did this together and it was relatively cheap. Flights were 80 euros each, transport between each place a mix of trains and buses that added to about 100 euros each and we stayed in apartments that worked out about 20 Euros a night eaxh, apart from in Podgorica where we got a nice hotel and spa. Probably worked out about 1000ish each all in for just over three weeks for plenty of good food, booze and everything else. 
Where did you fly from and to going out and coming back? We did a trip like that for our honeymoon (might be further back on this thread actually) and have always fancied exploring east central Europe a bit more - this sounds right up our street.

37 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
3 hours ago, JMDP said:

Where did you fly from and to going out and coming back? We did a trip like that for our honeymoon (might be further back on this thread actually) and have always fancied exploring east central Europe a bit more - this sounds right up our street.

Flew from Madrid to Budapest with Wizz and Podgorica to Stansted with Ryanair.