Coming Soon; "High Impact" Advertising

I do try to make the ads as unobtrusive as possible but the ad guys obviously want the ads to be noticed too so it's a balancing act.

I will make sure these don't spoil the forum.

They won't spoil the forum, easily closed off and lots of sites use this approach now.

Our advertising partners have been working with us to come up with a fresh approach to advertising on the site.

Nobody likes the adverts, but in the same way that adverts keep the likes of Facebook and Twitter running as free services, so the adverts here on P&B keep our service and our apps free. And they fund my rock and roll lifestyle.

I've joined with Sweet Pete in giving you a Helen for this post.

Oh not because I have one single objection to what you said. I appreciate your 'light touch' when it comes to the commercial side of the forum.. I just haven't issued a red dot for ages and it makes me feel liberated.

Ned raises a good point when he says, "Is clicking the links worth anything to you Div ? If it is I'd probably click on one every now and then !"

Can you tell us if it's worth it? I'd be happy to do a few click-throughs if it's of value.

I've joined with Sweet Pete in giving you a Helen for this post.

Oh not because I have one single objection to what you said. I appreciate your 'light touch' when it comes to the commercial side of the forum.. I just haven't issued a red dot for ages and it makes me feel liberated.

Ned raises a good point when he says, "Is clicking the links worth anything to you Div ? If it is I'd probably click on one every now and then !"

Can you tell us if it's worth it? I'd be happy to do a few click-throughs if it's of value.

We don't get specific payments per click, but the advertisers obviously like to get clicks through to their websites as it encourages them to advertise with us.

Would never condone random clicking though, just click the ads that genuinely interest you ;)

Is there anything you can do about switching off ad's when you use different computers? We don't have assigned desks at work and I often go on at lunchtime but it can be from any of the computers. Can't adblock them all and the looks I got when that audio ad came on, you'd think I was Luis Suarez and just bitten the boss :)

Already getting on my nerves, hate them on IMDb and sorry to see them becoming the norm.

Equally annoying are the automatic video ads with sound, which you have to scroll to the bottom of the screen to mute.

Don't mind the full page ads, take a second to close and aren't too intrusive. The bottom of the page ads which randomly play sounds are dreadful, just about collapsed when my computer started talking to me!

Archived