The Office (US)

Mr. Brightside

Had a read through and can't see it mentioned: for any Podcast listeners I'd recommend Office Ladies. It started in 2020 and is still going. Jenna Fisher and Angela Kinsey basically dissect every episode. It's a great listen with some great insider information that I would never have known. 

They can get distracted the odd time but so far they've stuck to the episodes really well. They've also had a good few special guests from the show as well. 

I will say to stick with it in E1. They are clearly extremely excited to be doing this and are very very nippy. But from E1 they settle down and it's far more enjoyable to listen to. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Had a read through and can't see it mentioned: for any Podcast listeners I'd recommend Office Ladies. It started in 2020 and is still going. Jenna Fisher and Angela Kinsey basically dissect every episode. It's a great listen with some great insider information that I would never have known. 

They can get distracted the odd time but so far they've stuck to the episodes really well. They've also had a good few special guests from the show as well. 

I will say to stick with it in E1. They are clearly extremely excited to be doing this and are very very nippy. But from E1 they settle down and it's far more enjoyable to listen to. 

Yeah I listened to that a while back, got about 20-30 mins into first episode and couldn’t do it anymore. Will go back to it from episode 2 and see what it’s like. Fair play to you sticking with it. 

26 minutes ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

Yeah I listened to that a while back, got about 20-30 mins into first episode and couldn’t do it anymore. Will go back to it from episode 2 and see what it’s like. Fair play to you sticking with it. 

Was it their voices? I really struggled with E1 as they were just like a couple of banshees but in their defence they were clearly really excited. They do calm down after the first one. It's well worth a listen. I'm literally rewatching it and noticing stuff/laughing at things I'd never have known had I not listened to the podcast. 

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Was it their voices? I really struggled with E1 as they were just like a couple of banshees but in their defence they were clearly really excited. They do calm down after the first one. It's well worth a listen. I'm literally rewatching it and noticing stuff/laughing at things I'd never have known had I not listened to the podcast. 

Yeah, I feared it was going to be full of that over-the-top American excitement and found it irritating. I never considered them just being genuinely buzzing at start, so will give it a bash in hope they calm down a notch. 

On 22/01/2023 at 06:35, Hamish's Passenger said:

Yeah, I feared it was going to be full of that over-the-top American excitement and found it irritating. I never considered them just being genuinely buzzing at start, so will give it a bash in hope they calm down a notch. 

Aye give it another try as they do die down. I have found something really annoying though and I'm not putting it in a spoiler so you can hear it yourself and I'll have someone to vent at :lol:: the number of times they're asked/read out "was X improvised or scripted" is genuinely infuriating. Mainly because 99% of the time the answer is "scripted". Yet fuckwits seem to keep asking this question. I really hope as the show goes on they'll stop picking out those questions. 

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye give it another try as they do die down. I have found something really annoying though and I'm not putting it in a spoiler so you can hear it yourself and I'll have someone to vent at :lol:: the number of times they're asked/read out "was X improvised or scripted" is genuinely infuriating. Mainly because 99% of the time the answer is "scripted". Yet fuckwits seem to keep asking this question. I really hope as the show goes on they'll stop picking out those questions. 

I really want to enjoy this, because I absolutely loved the West Wing equivalent but I just can’t stand Jenna Fischers high pitched shouting voice. I’ve tried a few episodes. It’s gutting because I love the show and would probably love the podcast if she spoke normally. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/01/2023 at 18:51, 19QOS19 said:

Any chance is it Kelly Kapoor’s hair tracker? 😂

• 6 months later...

Started watching this a few weeks back and have binged our way all the way through to Season 8 in very little time. Although I found Michael to be toe curlingly awkward at times the drop off in quality after his character left the show is staggering. I've completely lost interest in it now and, although I want to finish the series, it's a real slog. Do Seasons 8 and 9 actually have anything good happen in them?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/09/2023 at 09:22, RiG said:

Started watching this a few weeks back and have binged our way all the way through to Season 8 in very little time. Although I found Michael to be toe curlingly awkward at times the drop off in quality after his character left the show is staggering. I've completely lost interest in it now and, although I want to finish the series, it's a real slog. Do Seasons 8 and 9 actually have anything good happen in them?

They're definitely worth a watch. Still some excellent moments in them though they're obviously not as good after Michael leaves. 

On another watch through and have got back into the podcast as well. Actually starting to get really fucked off with the same shitty questions every single week on it though: "X writes in to ask was that scene improvised or scripted". Genuinely about 99% of the time the answer has been "scripted". I really wish these fuckwits writing in would think of an original question/realise the show is brilliantly written. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

They're definitely worth a watch. Still some excellent moments in them though they're obviously not as good after Michael leaves. 

On another watch through and have got back into the podcast as well. Actually starting to get really fucked off with the same shitty questions every single week on it though: "X writes in to ask was that scene improvised or scripted". Genuinely about 99% of the time the answer has been "scripted". I really wish these fuckwits writing in would think of an original question/realise the show is brilliantly written. 

One of my favourite scenes is post Michael. The scene where Andy is doing an advert and has to wash his eyes. Maybe I’m feeble minded but it had me creasing. 

1 hour ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

One of my favourite scenes is post Michael. The scene where Andy is doing an advert and has to wash his eyes. Maybe I’m feeble minded but it had me creasing. 

Aye the screaming is incredible. Andy has to be the strangest character I've ever watched. There's times when he irritated the shit out of me but he easily has some of the best moments in the show. 

An enigma! 

"Fun" fact, well okay maybe not that fun but I hadn't heard it until recently so I'm inflicting it on you nonetheless.

The lady that plays Jan Levinson was originally cast as Jennifer (the love interest) in "Back to the Future" but when they recast the lead so that Michael J Fox was in it they got rid of her for being too tall standing next to him.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

I found Season 8 to be a slog but Season 9 wasn't too bad. Definitely not as good after Michael and I didn't enjoy Andy basically being turned into Michael at times. He was a decent enough guy for the most part but became utterly infuriating by the end.

• 4 months later...