Sign in to follow this  
RobRoyGuy

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy New Stadium

Hey Rabs fans I know this is premature but I'm bored so here goes. Who would you like to see as our opposition for opening the new Stadium.

1) A Junior Select 2) Rangers/Celtic Select 3) Partick Thistle/Clyde Select 4) Senior Select 5) Kilsyth Rangers 6) Petershill who opened Adamslie in 1926 7) Local Amatuer Select. Or your own suggestion.

I heard a rumour and it was probably a load of rubbish that it would maybe be a manchester utd XL with ex player martin ferguson being involved in bringing the game to being.

Most probably a lot of rubbish but a nice idea all the same .

Hey RRG you might not be far off the mark I believe Martin Ferguson still has really close links with KRR and the town, he lived here for years, don't know if he still does. Exciting thought but we would want some "names" in the Man Utd team not just youths etc. As a side question I vaguely remember a game in the mid 90s when Alan Smith of Arsenal played at Adamslie think it was a charity match? Any memories of this RRG? And who played? Was it Rob Roy v a select? I can remember it was advertised in the Cue Ball.

Hey RRG you might not be far off the mark I believe Martin Ferguson still has really close links with KRR and the town, he lived here for years, don't know if he still does. Exciting thought but we would want some "names" in the Man Utd team not just youths etc. As a side question I vaguely remember a game in the mid 90s when Alan Smith of Arsenal played at Adamslie think it was a charity match? Any memories of this RRG? And who played? Was it Rob Roy v a select? I can remember it was advertised in the Cue Ball.

Can't remember that game with Alan Smith . I do remember the Roy playing some professional icelandic team who were on tour of scotland and who played hibs the previous week to us.

Maybe its me dreaming we would play a man utd select , . That's what i would go for if i could. Man u with a few youngsters and a few fringe players like darren fletcher making an appearance.Pobably would not happen but you never know.

Would like to avoid everything old firm for a start.

By the time the new stadium is ready, and if Man U continue on their downward spiral, it will be a bit of a mismatch in boxing terminology.

I like the idea of your oldest rivals, Kilsyth, coming along to open it.

We could put up the Coronation cup for the winners as by that time we might be having another coronation.

Also we could parade the Scottish junior cup (retained for the 3rd year in a row) at halftime, led round by Kilsyth Thistle pipe band (grade IV champions 19canteen.)

Oh well, you can dream!

Now that's what you call optimistic.

I think we have been at Adamslie since the year of my old Gran's birth (she is still with us) 1928.

Out of interest how long have you been at dunkyfield.

Edited by RobRoyGuy

Can't remember that game with Alan Smith . I do remember the Roy playing some professional icelandic team who were on tour of scotland and who played hibs the previous week to us.

Maybe its me dreaming we would play a man utd select , . That's what i would go for if i could. Man u with a few youngsters and a few fringe players like darren fletcher making an appearance.Pobably would not happen but you never know.

Would like to avoid everything old firm for a start.

Must look out the pic of Darren fletcher with the NERRL flag in Luxembourg

By the time the new stadium is ready, and if Man U continue on their downward spiral, it will be a bit of a mismatch in boxing terminology.

I like the idea of your oldest rivals, Kilsyth, coming along to open it.

We could put up the Coronation cup for the winners as by that time we might be having another coronation.

Also we could parade the Scottish junior cup (retained for the 3rd year in a row) at halftime, led round by Kilsyth Thistle pipe band (grade IV champions 19canteen.)

Oh well, you can dream!

Great post Mr F nice to see a bit of fiction instead of facts

May all your dreams come true

Must look out the pic of Darren fletcher with the NERRL flag in Luxembourg

yeah do that mate, you should of asked him if he fancied coming to the Roy on loan and the nerrl would pay his wages.

Now that's what you call optimistic.

I think we have been at Adamslie since the year of my old Gran's birth (she is still with us) 1928.

Out of interest how long have you been at dunkyfield.

1945?. Garrell,can you confirm Kisyths (pre-war incarnation) previous ground was down at the Burn Green,where the ash park is?.

Did a bit of digging on website , i was wrong wasn't 1928 ....

Adamslie Park was officially opened on 7th August 1926 by Provost John Shanks.

Petershill have the honor of winning the first game on Rob Roy's Adamslie Park.

Of course there is a need for this size of stand. Our crowds range from 100-400 for league games, 500-600 for big cup games and then you have the scenario of possibly hosting Scottish junior cup semi final.

Every need for it, this is also a standard sized stand for a new development like this,it would be foolish to build a new seated stand with a lesser capacity than 500.

RRG , I posted on the Adamslie / new park scenario a while ago and I am glad to see that , hopefully, all the hard work is going to pay off and the Rab's live on in a new place

However, just one point in one of your posts regarding the size of a stand/enclosure required would need to be looked at ( I may be wrong and , if so, please correct me)

You say that a covered area of the suggested size is needed for a few reasons, one of which is the possibility of a Junior cup semi final.

I thought that grounds with an artificial surface didn't get these games

Regardless, awra best mate and onward and upward for the Boabys

Where did you hear or read that a Scottish Cup semi final can't get played on 3g or 4g ?

Not that we get to many Scottish semi finals anyway 2 in 30 years.

I am in the habit of referring to the 2 star certified pitch as 4g .

When do youze think we will need to leave Adamslie by? - End of this season? End of 2014? End of 2014/15 season Thoughts please. I heard someone say at last game that it was at this seasons end but could be just rumour and completely wrong. I hope so.

Edited by Roy Race

Spartans have a 4g pitch.

So the certified 2 star pitch the upgrade from the original 1 star, is 4G?

1945?. Garrell,can you confirm Kisyths (pre-war incarnation) previous ground was down at the Burn Green,where the ash park is?.

Kilsyth Rangers played at Garrell Vale from 1913 till Sept 1939 when the Scottish Junior league was suspended at the outbreak of WW2.

The location was where the present Sportsfield is right at the end of the road running through the industrial estate.

Haugh park, the home of Kilsyth Emmett, also a SJL club, was side by side with it.

Duncansfield was developed during the war years with the first game in Sept 45. I believe St Rochs were the opposition with around 4000 present.

A few games had been played at the ash park at the Miners welfare recreation ground at Burngreen. This was the home of Kilsyth Wanderers, at one time a senior club although never members of the Scottish League. I think they held on as a juvenile club for a year or two after WW2.

Kilsyth St Patricks played at the sportsfield as a fairly successful juvenile club for many years and today it is the home of Kilsyth Amatuers.

There is also now a full size floodlit 3g pitch on the site which we use for training.