Kirkintilloch Rob Roy New Stadium

RobRoyGuy

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

With it now being two years since the announcement of the new ground, has anyone got an update on when they are going to make a start? It`s getting tight if they are expecting it to be ready for the start of the 2016 season already.......Also, with the Huntershill proposal now being promoted in the Kirkie Herald over the last few weeks is the funding now lost?

With it now being two years since the announcement of the new ground, has anyone got an update on when they are going to make a start? It`s getting tight if they are expecting it to be ready for the start of the 2016 season already.......Also, with the Huntershill proposal now being promoted in the Kirkie Herald over the last few weeks is the funding now lost?

I don't know what the plans are for Rob Roy's new stadium, but it took around 18 months to build Glencairn's ground from the day it started to the opening.

• 2 years later...
On 08/03/2018 at 18:56, Black Pennel said:

They could always investigate playing in the EoS or SoSL...apparently you don't even need a home ground for that...

Or fans! You never hear a cheep   :)

On 08/03/2018 at 18:21, Lokloyal said:

When was it that KRR moved out of Adamslie?

It will be four years come end of this season. Worst thing is that nothing has happened on site except old covered enclosure was demolished almost immediately. Goalposts are still in place, lovely pavilion derelict. They should never have moved out until work had started on a new ground. Shafted hardly begins to descibe what has happened.

Absolutely dreadful situation for them. Spoke to a few of their committee when through there for the cup tie and it's horrendous what they've had to deal with as volunteers. 

Is there a realistic hope of Rob Roy actually ever having a ground of their own  or at least a shared community facility?I really liked Adamslie and I fear for Rob Roy as we trudge year after year to Cumbernauld to a club who whilst decent as a playing squad are just nomads 

Is there a realistic hope of Rob Roy actually ever having a ground of their own  or at least a shared community facility?I really liked Adamslie and I fear for Rob Roy as we trudge year after year to Cumbernauld to a club who whilst decent as a playing squad are just nomads 

To me it sounds like they need to be first choice in voting for what to do with area they want to build the new stadium on. The local council have mucked them about and backed out bid due to cash involved. Mistake to move out your ground before a new ground has started being built but I am sure they are well aware of all of the mistakes. The team on the park could save them as a semi or Junior Cup final appearance may galvanize locals to push council to get work going ahead on new ground asap or else.....

Yes-moving our to allow the house builders to start on Adamslie without having a ground ready was a fatal mistake.If now the club are relying on local authority co-operation to provide a facility on land the club don’t own I fear they could be in for a long wait.

Archived