Kirkintilloch Rob Roy New Stadium

RobRoyGuy

Aye just a wee bit . Sad really . Walking round it to pick up some souvenirs a few months ago was eerie very eerie , actually thought it would have been flattened by now.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye just a wee bit . Sad really . Walking round it to pick up some souvenirs a few months ago was eerie very eerie , actually thought it would have been flattened by now.

Half a hundredweight of copper piping and some sentimental lead. :)

But yeah,sad to see a fine old fiba venue join the ranks of the defunct grounds. :(

Is that the brick you flung at JC in the play offs last season?

No no, it's only a game as they say wouldn't resort to that kind of behavior, punching something nearby is far easier and less dangerous ha.

• 3 months later...

I was under the impression that work had started a while back.A couple of weeks back I had a drive around Kirky visiting the various sites mentioned and couldnt find any sign of work on a new ground.Where is it actually being built?.

I was under the impression that work had started a while back.A couple of weeks back I had a drive around Kirky visiting the various sites mentioned and couldnt find any sign of work on a new ground.Where is it actually being built?.

It's along the side of the canal past the council offices and marina. Last I heard the site had been fenced off but basically that was all that had been done.

How to find Rob Roy's new ground. What you need to do is shut your eyes and fall asleep then you will see it in your dreams. That's all it seams to be at the moment

Mon the Lok now

It's along the side of the canal past the council offices and marina. Last I heard the site had been fenced off but basically that was all that had been done.

Thats what I thought,was along there,no sign of work going on.

I'm sure Rob Roy can always share with the Bankies at their new ground while they wait...

joking aside, it's a bit worrying that no progress has been made-given that Benburb moved out their ground about the same time and are now playing at the new place: ever get the feeling you've been had?

I'm sure Rob Roy can always share with the Bankies at their new ground while they wait...

joking aside, it's a bit worrying that no progress has been made-given that Benburb moved out their ground about the same time and are now playing at the new place: ever get the feeling you've been had?

Don't be a rotten.

KRR are only one of a number of stake-holders and won`t own the complex when it`s completed. Kirkintilloch Community Sports Club has been formed with KRR, East Dunbartonshire Council, Strathkelvin Shinty Club as well as several other minority sports amongst the parties with an interest in the complex.As far as I`m aware KRR and EDC have both fronted circa £1million pounds each with another contribution coming from grants I believe. From memory the last time this raised it`s head they still didn`t have planning consent for the development, although that may have changed but for now and almost certainly next season as well ,KRR will he playing at home away from home.....

Archived