Kirkintilloch Rob Roy New Stadium

RobRoyGuy

11 hours ago, Junior supporter said:

The access route is for the builders to get into site, no way they could get back in to adamslie would cost mega £ as now a wreck 

If they do still own Adamslie regardless how much of a wreck it is after three or four years of neglect, it's still going to be easier - and cheaper - to reoccupy it, do it up and knock an entrance through the boundary wall than it is to continue to pursue a project that is increasingly looking like a pipedream.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

If they do still own Adamslie regardless how much of a wreck it is after three or four years of neglect, it's still going to be easier - and cheaper - to reoccupy it, do it up and knock an entrance through the boundary wall than it is to continue to pursue a project that is increasingly looking like a pipedream.

Doubt that mate , would need new pavilion completely, roof wrecked inside vandalised. They will find out in a few weeks once their council make up their mind about the site 

3 hours ago, Junior supporter said:

Doubt that mate , would need new pavilion completely, roof wrecked inside vandalised. They will find out in a few weeks once their council make up their mind about the site 

Disaster. That pavillion was an excellent example of art deco.

40 minutes ago, PRICEY said:

One of the best pavilions anywhere in Scotland.I had always hoped it would be kept and restored.

It could have been converted into a spacious and unusual house as a centrepiece of the new development. People convert lighthouses, farm buildings, waterworks and the like and are highly praised for their efforts. It is just the mindset of local officials, and the greediness of the developers who want the maximum number of tacky little boxes on the site which stops it happening. The shell of the pavilion could be restored, but at pretty enormous cost. I don't see any prospect of Rob Roy moving back to Adamslie, parking issues alone will stop it happening.

23 minutes ago, garrellburn said:

It could have been converted into a spacious and unusual house as a centrepiece of the new development. People convert lighthouses, farm buildings, waterworks and the like and are highly praised for their efforts. It is just the mindset of local officials, and the greediness of the developers who want the maximum number of tacky little boxes on the site which stops it happening. The shell of the pavilion could be restored, but at pretty enormous cost. I don't see any prospect of Rob Roy moving back to Adamslie, parking issues alone will stop it happening.

Even if the pavilion's a non-starter though, if they still own the park they could create a new access point in the boundary wall and put in a couple of portakabins to serve as changing rooms and so on.

It's pretty clear the plans for the new ground now won't happen, so they face two choices - first, to make the most of what admittedly isn't an ideal situation and move back, or second to doom themselves to slow extinction as they continue to groundshare miles away from the town.

As for parking, I reckon the most pressing issue they face is a football park to play on, not a car park to park in...

On 17/03/2018 at 09:02, eehheematin said:

As a fan it is gutting we cant get back to kirky. Should have never left adamslie without somewher to go. I drive by it every day and it is gutting.
Im merely a fan and have no other info for you guys but thanks for the comments on our situation.

I was home at christmas and it’s a real heartbreaking sight

7 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Even if the pavilion's a non-starter though, if they still own the park they could create a new access point in the boundary wall and put in a couple of portakabins to serve as changing rooms and so on.

It's pretty clear the plans for the new ground now won't happen, so they face two choices - first, to make the most of what admittedly isn't an ideal situation and move back, or second to doom themselves to slow extinction as they continue to groundshare miles away from the town.

As for parking, I reckon the most pressing issue they face is a football park to play on, not a car park to park in...

There's plenty of parking at the fire station and the houses opposite the park.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There's plenty of parking at the fire station and the houses opposite the park.

And what if a major fire breaks out during a game? Do the fire engines just drive over the top of the cars? And the residents in the streets opposite were up in arms for years about the parking, they wouldn't let it happen again.  A non starter I'm afraid, the best outcome would be to continue to try and find a solution to the problems at the canal bank site, or even look elsewhere within the district. Maybe a move to somewhere such as Muirhead or Moodiesburn or even Milton of Campsie should be considered if there are any pitches which could be upgraded there.

13 minutes ago, garrellburn said:

And what if a major fire breaks out during a game? Do the fire engines just drive over the top of the cars? And the residents in the streets opposite were up in arms for years about the parking, they wouldn't let it happen again.  A non starter I'm afraid, the best outcome would be to continue to try and find a solution to the problems at the canal bank site, or even look elsewhere within the district. Maybe a move to somewhere such as Muirhead or Moodiesburn or even Milton of Campsie should be considered if there are any pitches which could be upgraded there.

3 minutes ago, PRICEY said:

I think Sgt Wilson was joking

No PRICEY, if I want to watch junior football, fires, family emergencies and even cats up trees will need to wait.

Well said!!

There's plenty parking in the surrounding area. And this was always the case anyway when the club sold the social club / land etc.

If they still actually own the ground, there's plenty scope to add some portakabins for changing rooms, pie hut / toilets etc as you say, and over time add some covered terracing for supporters.

If it meant that the Roy could play in kirky again, I'm sure a huge effort would come from the Rob Roy supporters to give the place a tidy up, do some general maintenance and paint sections of the surrounding barriers round the pitch. I'm also pretty sure that supporters and the club could also fund a landscaping team to come in and create some sort of pitch too.

This would be their best option IMO

11 hours ago, garrellburn said:

A problem with these places is the pitches probably get used by amateur teams on Saturdays - similar to all the current pitches in Kirky bar schools off the top of my head. 

The site where the old Tom Johnston house was still lies bare (although I dont know if theres anything in the pipeline for it). Obviously funding would be an issue for starting afresh there but looks like its going to be an issue regardless of what they do. 

If they were to reuse Adamslie no doubt the folk from the new houses would have a noise pollution complaint or something similarly daft :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/03/2018 at 08:53, C. Muir said:

A problem with these places is the pitches probably get used by amateur teams on Saturdays - similar to all the current pitches in Kirky bar schools off the top of my head. 

The site where the old Tom Johnston house was still lies bare (although I dont know if theres anything in the pipeline for it). Obviously funding would be an issue for starting afresh there but looks like its going to be an issue regardless of what they do. 

If they were to reuse Adamslie no doubt the folk from the new houses would have a noise pollution complaint or something similarly daft :lol:

I’m led to believe that concern was actually raised when a rumour was circulated that adamslie was going to be restored.

3 hours ago, Fat Controller said:

I’m led to believe that concern was actually raised when a rumour was circulated that adamslie was going to be restored.

Would the 3G at Merkland work?

A collaboration with the council using the proceeds of the land sale to build a new pavilion and enclosure, and an arrangement for the Juniors to have priority booking on the pitch on Saturdays - the rest of the time it's for the community.

So do we know for definite that there won’t be any new stadium built now for Rob Roy-and in reality does that mean a permanent groundshare at Cumbernauld or somewhere else?And if the club still own Adamslie will it just be sold off like the rest for cash in the bank.Can any Rob Roy fans clarify once and for all what is actually happening ?

Archived