Kirkintilloch Rob Roy New Stadium

RobRoyGuy

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rightio RRG, how on earth do u post a pic in P+B. Darren sends his regards

There you go wee alickie , posted it for you ! Now next time you see him have a word in his ear about getting some kind of man utd team up for new stadium opening :P

12227304776_9c1c4c6375_z.jpg

There you go wee alickie , posted it for you ! Now next time you see him have a word in his ear about getting some kind of man utd team up for new stadium opening :P

12227304776_9c1c4c6375_z.jpg

Thanks RRG, he was a bit worried about our recent goalkeeping problem and did offer to play in goals. Think he was gutted when JC signed and took away his dream of playing for the RABS. He often speaks to Big Davie about tactics so we'll see if he can arrange a team for the opening.

Actually, I haven't spoken to Darren this week. Guess he's waiting for our usual Sunday post match chat.

He is however keen to keep up the NERRL connection so who knows we might see him grace green at the new stadium?

Actually, I haven't spoken to Darren this week. Guess he's waiting for our usual Sunday post match chat.

He is however keen to keep up the NERRL connection so who knows we might see him grace green at the new stadium?

Davie you look awfully wee in that picture.

I think Darren Fletcher has links with the junior game in midlothian and Newtongrange star, I think relatives are involved or something and he has been at a game or two.

Incidentally star have a cracking set up was very impressed with it when we visited almost 5 years ago (Christ time flies ).

Remember your rattle, get you over next to bigtatties! That would be good and probably better than the football watching you two trying to outdo each other.

Did a bit of digging on website , i was wrong wasn't 1928 ....

Adamslie Park was officially opened on 7th August 1926 by Provost John Shanks.

Petershill have the honor of winning the first game on Rob Roy's Adamslie Park.

Here's the 'Sunday Post' article on the opening game. Wee report, and another piece.

It says the crowd was 6,000 and the capacity was 30,000...!!

1926080706.jpg

• 1 year later...

The site I thought was going to be the new ground is now a primary school, going to be further along or has it been canned?

Edit, just read article in Kirky Herald, new site appears to have been proposed along from the school.

From talking to the Rob Roy people on Wednesday night, it seems that their new ground is still a long way off. It also seems that it is unlikely that they will be playing at Guy's Meadow next season.

I think my old Subbeteo stadium complete with four stands, floodlights, scoreboard and a couple of spectators is still up my parents loft, it could be available for hire if required.

From talking to the Rob Roy people on Wednesday night, it seems that their new ground is still a long way off. It also seems that it is unlikely that they will be playing at Guy's Meadow next season.

How did clubs like Renfrew and Benburb manage to get their new grounds started and nearly finished so quickly but Rob Roy is dragging on? I hope Rob Roy get it sorted as enjoyed my trips to Kirkintilloch. Where are Rob Roy likely to be playing next season?

• 1 month later...

Archived