Kirkintilloch Rob Roy New Stadium

RobRoyGuy

A lot of work still to be done for this project to be eventually delivered, that's why our committee need the full backing of our supporters, and our availability to help out if and when required to do so. But I'm 100per cent sure that the Stadium & facilities will be delivered as described in recent press release. I have no doubts about this.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It probably wouldn't cost much less to build a smaller stand and it also needs to be that size to house other facilities.

This isn't are at photo of Keynsham Towns parkpark, but it is good once you're in, Half the "stand" is seated the other half is terracing. The club as function suites are in the back with views of the pitch.

One of my favourites to visit when down there.

post-4731-0-92106900-1390643394.jpg

A baw is made from leather , leather comes from a coo , coos eat grass. Moral of the story ; Fitba' should be played on grass.

As we sit here with both Beith and Winton games off due to the weather. We have now got the option of taking in Largs v Kilsyth or Petershill v Meadow. Both on Artificial surfaces. At least I will get to see a game today.

You can also train on it during the week and do what Carluke are doing today with no competitive game and play a friendly on it.

It's not what most have grew up with but it's going to become more and more common in years to come and something the majority of players in the future will be just as accustomed to as grass if not more so.

Of course there is a need for this size of stand.

No argument from me that cover for 500 is sensible. Just think the normal juniors way of doing things is to focus on having a large covered enclosure with terracing rather than on a single grandstand with seats. Sergeant Wilson provides a good example above of what could be done.

I like the idea of half stand / half terracing but even if they go for the 500 seats those at the back of the stand, say the last few rows will have the option to stand up anyway, just like they do up at Petershill Park. Would have been great to have a wee covered terraced enclosure on the opposite side but perhaps budget won't allow for this eh. Now I'm just being too ambitious ha.

No argument from me that cover for 500 is sensible. Just think the normal juniors way of doing things is to focus on having a large covered enclosure with terracing rather than on a single grandstand with seats. Sergeant Wilson provides a good example above of what could be done.

That picture makes it look old, but it's a new build and astro surface. They've been quite clever keeping it tight to create a bit of atmosphere. I'll look for some of the others I've been to, way down the pyramid. There seems to be more cash available to clubs than here. Even the old parks are tidy, with decent stands and lights etc.

Eccleshill

That actually looks a tidy wee set up. Your right in what you are saying about the lower down the english pyramid. I did a wee bit of ground hopping a few years ago down in england when i worked there for a bit and the grounds there were always neat , tidy and though small they obviously had money spent on them.

Roy Race i buy the evening times every morning i will text you what day its in so you can go buy it if you want.

Hi RRG, instead of me having to go out of the house in the rain to get the paper can you just buy it for me and if I give you my address could you just trot round with it and pop it through my letterbox?

I will give you 50p on Saturday lol ha ha

Hi RRG, instead of me having to go out of the house in the rain to get the paper can you just buy it for me and if I give you my address could you just trot round with it and pop it through my letterbox?

Long time since you bought one of those - it's been 60p for yonks!

I'm not a postman Roy! And i wasn't a very good paperboy.

Hey Rabs fans I know this is premature but I'm bored so here goes. Who would you like to see as our opposition for opening the new Stadium.

1) A Junior Select 2) Rangers/Celtic Select 3) Partick Thistle/Clyde Select 4) Senior Select 5) Kilsyth Rangers 6) Petershill who opened Adamslie in 1926 7) Local Amatuer Select. Or your own suggestion.

Hey Rabs fans I know this is premature but I'm bored so here goes. Who would you like to see as our opposition for opening the new Stadium.

1) A Junior Select 2) Rangers/Celtic Select 3) Partick Thistle/Clyde Select 4) Senior Select 5) Kilsyth Rangers 6) Petershill who opened Adamslie in 1926 7) Local Amatuer Select. Or your own suggestion.

I heard a rumour and it was probably a load of rubbish that it would maybe be a manchester utd XL with ex player martin ferguson being involved in bringing the game to being.

Most probably a lot of rubbish but a nice idea all the same .

Hey RRG you might not be far off the mark I believe Martin Ferguson still has really close links with KRR and the town, he lived here for years, don't know if he still does. Exciting thought but we would want some "names" in the Man Utd team not just youths etc. As a side question I vaguely remember a game in the mid 90s when Alan Smith of Arsenal played at Adamslie think it was a charity match? Any memories of this RRG? And who played? Was it Rob Roy v a select? I can remember it was advertised in the Cue Ball.

Hey RRG you might not be far off the mark I believe Martin Ferguson still has really close links with KRR and the town, he lived here for years, don't know if he still does. Exciting thought but we would want some "names" in the Man Utd team not just youths etc. As a side question I vaguely remember a game in the mid 90s when Alan Smith of Arsenal played at Adamslie think it was a charity match? Any memories of this RRG? And who played? Was it Rob Roy v a select? I can remember it was advertised in the Cue Ball.

Can't remember that game with Alan Smith . I do remember the Roy playing some professional icelandic team who were on tour of scotland and who played hibs the previous week to us.

Maybe its me dreaming we would play a man utd select , . That's what i would go for if i could. Man u with a few youngsters and a few fringe players like darren fletcher making an appearance.Pobably would not happen but you never know.

Would like to avoid everything old firm for a start.

By the time the new stadium is ready, and if Man U continue on their downward spiral, it will be a bit of a mismatch in boxing terminology.

I like the idea of your oldest rivals, Kilsyth, coming along to open it.

We could put up the Coronation cup for the winners as by that time we might be having another coronation.

Also we could parade the Scottish junior cup (retained for the 3rd year in a row) at halftime, led round by Kilsyth Thistle pipe band (grade IV champions 19canteen.)

Oh well, you can dream!

Archived