Kirkintilloch Rob Roy New Stadium

RobRoyGuy

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i still feel sadness walking into petershill.. cant help but take a look down at the old ground and feel sad as well.. aye am middle of my 30s mate.. ill be chuffed if i get 40 years more but doubt it haha.. prob have heart attack at all this 4g shit :P

ha ha brilliant! Embrace it you know you want to!

dont mind playing on it but watching offends me haha lose that bite you get on the grass but then again thats getting taken out anyway.. no allowed to challenge these days

lol true.

Rob Roy really had no option, just look at the likes of Clyebank sharing Yoker, theyve only played once in 6 weeks and that was at Petershhill cos oh they have 4g lol

I much prefer grass but any new build was always going to be a hared facility and 4g.

lol true.

Rob Roy really had no option, just look at the likes of Clyebank sharing Yoker, theyve only played once in 6 weeks and that was at Petershhill cos oh they have 4g lol

I much prefer grass but any new build was always going to be a hared facility and 4g.

can see the point and the fact the community gets advantage of it,,fair play and i will look forward to visiting it knowing i dont need to walk miles for a pint before game

The location of the new stadium is also the best place we could of got it. Right next to the canal and Marina and an area of town that has undergone massive regeneration and much closer to the main street.

no the saying i know.. fitba should be played on the grun[/quote

grun is the german word for green

the grun carpet then

haha you know i was meaning it to come over like how us Scottish pronounce it.. Keep it on the deck. Next you be wanting laminate put down

Not really buying into the "KRR had no other option" stuff either.

They chose to sell their ground & the social club to property developers before they finalised an alternative ground.

It wasn't like Glencairn being forced to move for an essential project.

How do you square this scenario with the tax payers in the rest of the East Dunbartonshire area (who may have no interest whatsoever in KRR) if a substantial amount of their money is being used to assist KRR ?

A baw is made from leather , leather comes from a coo , coos eat grass. Moral of the story ; Fitba' should be played on grass.

Fitba can be played on a table ( table fitba ) , fitba can be played on computers , fitba can be played on grass , fitba can be played on concrete in the street , fitba can be played on ash ,fitba can be played on sand, fitba can be played on Fifa approved 3rd or 4th generation pitches .The moral of the story is fitba can be played anywhere thats why its the beautiful game ;) .

Not really buying into the "KRR had no other option" stuff either.

They chose to sell their ground & the social club to property developers before they finalised an alternative ground.

It wasn't like Glencairn being forced to move for an essential project.

How do you square this scenario with the tax payers in the rest of the East Dunbartonshire area (who may have no interest whatsoever in KRR) if a substantial amount of their money is being used to assist KRR ?

But its not being used to assist Rob Roy juniors. The money pumped into this by the council will be for all the other activities and sports clubs that can use it. The Roy have put in the majority of the cash for this btw . The feedback from the council and public has been positive by all accounts.

'Council Leader Rhondda Geekie believes the Community Sports Club and its facilities will
be a fantastic resource for the area. She said, “This innovative sports project is great
news and I welcome the innovative approach taken by Kirkintilloch Rob Roy in developing
such a community facility along with other local sports clubs'

Fitba can be played on a table ( table fitba ) , fitba can be played on computers , fitba can be played on grass , fitba can be played on concrete in the street , fitba can be played on ash ,fitba can be played on sand, fitba can be played on Fifa approved 3rd or 4th generation pitches .The moral of the story is fitba can be played anywhere thats why its the beautiful game ;) .

^^^^^^^

JAWOHL

well said

^^^^^^^

JAWOHL

well said

500 seat stand...what for,is that really needed ?.

Definitely seems like overkill given their current crowd levels and the usual junior fan preference for a covered enclosure. Worth bearing in mind maybe that Rob Roy were one of the few junior clubs that expressed a possible interest in playing in the Lowland league. Maybe there are people on their committee that have ideas about playing in the SPFL eventually, or it's easier to get the local council on board if you dangle that concept in front of influential councillors that have zero interest in or knowledge of the junior grade.

From EDC:

'Our capital budget commitment is subject to the whole funding package coming together and I hope this commitment enables the remaining funding support to be finalised so that this new facility can become a reality.'

Hopefully not anoher 'Kirkintilloch Arts Centre' style project where the grants required didn't materialise.

http://m.kirkintilloch-herald.co.uk/news/local-headlines/arts-centre-could-still-go-ahead-in-kirky-1-2017390

This is a different scenario. This project never got going never mind a official launch.

Their is no doubt of the sale of adamslie park, the grant set aside for this arts centre was withdrawn after land made for sale to help fund the venture never sold.

The Council then took over from Kirkintilloch initiative who were behind the arts centre and now the new school will be built on the site.

I don't understand why your being negative. The Council have pledged the money, the Roy have pledged the money, all the publicity this week will be due to the grant funding being agreed and a matter of crossing the t's and dotting the i's.This is the type of project sport Scotland prioritise when handing out grants.

Time to be positive and look forward to a new era for the club.

Definitely seems like overkill given their current crowd levels and the usual junior fan preference for a covered enclosure. Worth bearing in mind maybe that Rob Roy were one of the few junior clubs that expressed a possible interest in playing in the Lowland league. Maybe there are people on their committee that have ideas about playing in the SPFL eventually, or it's easier to get the local council on board if you dangle that concept in front of influential councillors that have zero interest in or knowledge of the junior grade.

Of course there is a need for this size of stand. Our crowds range from 100-400 for league games, 500-600 for big cup games and then you have the scenario of possibly hosting Scottish junior cup semi final.

Every need for it, this is also a standard sized stand for a new development like this,it would be foolish to build a new seated stand with a lesser capacity than 500.

Archived