Kirkintilloch Rob Roy New Stadium

RobRoyGuy

This is terrible news! Does it mean Wullie Hunter's scrapyard is to disappear? Where will we go for our spares now?

Seriously its been a long time coming but I'm sure once its built the fans will soon get used to it and with proximity to town centre pubs and presumably plenty of parking nearby will tempt a lot more fans to visit.

Just one thing, don't let EDCL do the interior decoration; have you seen the newly refurbished Bishopbriggs leisure centre? It would give an Anadin a sair heid, as they say.

Good post Gburn

Look forward to hammering kilsyth in one of the first games at the new stadium.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent...good to see junior clubs getting a bit of support from the local authority....if only WDC were as obliging....but seriously,,thats great news for the roy....good luck to them...... **mutters under breath**.... "feckers". :-)

WDC should be looking to work with clydebank . Your situation will be that bit more complex than our own but it really is about time a solution is found , something that will benefit all parties.

I see there is to be no functional gym but a 15 metre square multi use space which will be used for gymnastics & small sided games and sports etc, I suppose there is no great need for a fully equipped gym as the Kirky Leisure Centre is only about 500 metres away. A wee free weights section would be good to have in this area. The memorabilia area will be a nice touch and a good section for visiting fans to browse. I wonder if the cafe / Bar could be a good area for the Supporters Club to base itself as we don't have an official base since the old social club closed down. The Meeting room can obviously be used for commitee meetings and match day hospitality etc. Anyways I'm sure all these things will be explored, I'm really only just thinking out loud ha

I see there is to be no functional gym but a 15 metre square multi use space which will be used for gymnastics & small sided games and sports etc, I suppose there is no great need for a fully equipped gym as the Kirky Leisure Centre is only about 500 metres away. A wee free weights section would be good to have in this area. The memorabilia area will be a nice touch and a good section for visiting fans to browse. I wonder if the cafe / Bar could be a good area for the Supporters Club to base itself as we don't have an official base since the old social club closed down. The Meeting room can obviously be used for commitee meetings and match day hospitality etc. Anyways I'm sure all these things will be explored, I'm really only just thinking out loud ha

I think the club should be congratulated on the way they have went about this. The people of kirky have given the club a lot of support over the decades and the club have now decided to give something back by investing the cash made from the sale of the ground to benefit everyone rather than just looking after themselves.

Did you ever go in the old social club ? it was massive pool room , massive function room , bar , side rooms

As for the supporters club and a base it would make sense for it to be in the new stadium / facility.

The press release is an interesting read . I have picked up on the following......

'The new facility will comprise of a full size 3G FIFA 2* synthetic pitch '

And found this ....

The FIFA RECOMMENDED 2* status was introduced in 2004, to supplement the original 1* certification and further improve the development of quality Football Turf. While the FIFA RECOMMENDED 1* artificial surface is intended mainly for community use, the 2* certified pitch is designed to mimic professional football surfaces as closely as possible, and guarantees an artificial pitch that can host top level UEFA and FIFA competitive matches.

The bit highlighted is interesting ... if this surface is good enough for this level of football we should have no quams about using it as a semi professional football club.

The more I read about this project the more refreshing it all sounds I'm very excited about it all (no smart comments please ha). Aye was only in the Social club for birthday parties etc and it was very cavernous, similar to the current Kirky miners club. Aye here's to good times ahead for the Rabs cheers and thanks to all involved for giving us fans something to be proud of.

I think the club should be congratulated on the way they have went about this. The people of kirky have given the club a lot of support over the decades and the club have now decided to give something back by investing the cash made from the sale of the ground to benefit everyone rather than just looking after themselves.

Did you ever go in the old social club ? it was massive pool room , massive function room , bar , side rooms

As for the supporters club and a base it would make sense for it to be in the new stadium / facility.

Great news for The Roy and Kirkie.Lets hope that things move on quickly from here and everything goes according to plan.

The press release is an interesting read . I have picked up on the following......

And found this ....

The FIFA RECOMMENDED 2* status was introduced in 2004, to supplement the original 1* certification and further improve the development of quality Football Turf. While the FIFA RECOMMENDED 1* artificial surface is intended mainly for community use, the 2* certified pitch is designed to mimic professional football surfaces as closely as possible, and guarantees an artificial pitch that can host top level UEFA and FIFA competitive matches.

The bit highlighted is interesting ... if this surface is good enough for this level of football we should have no quams about using it as a semi professional football club.

I Would say on the above, that a 2* pitch would be a waste of money not only from the install but also the ongoing maintenance is far greater.

actually mate i would help.. not quite same size or structure but blackburn done it,, i think the steel of your old stand be easily moved

Your serious aren't you, how about you buy ours off us and paint it yellow and black and use it over the uncovered side. You boys are minted.

actually mate i would help.. not quite same size or structure but blackburn done it,, i think the steel of your old stand be easily moved

Aye, our enclosure was moved over to the new ground and re-erected. It was only built about 20 years ago mind you.

And found this ....

Russia play on a 3G pitch in winter, and many Euro club games are played on the surface as well.

Your serious aren't you, how about you buy ours off us and paint it yellow and black and use it over the uncovered side. You boys are minted.

aye were loaded to f**k mate but still got priced out the market for sawyers :) aye am serious.. hate seeing history disapear..if i had the cash the vale be done up so you lads could stay dry.. the away end at kilbirnie is best view in the ground. a wee shed behing goals where we stand. join the 2 stands together and put a wee stand like talbots new one for the away end..job done haha

also brick walls right round,, the fencing does my nut in..

When Man U,Bayern,Real M,Barca rip up their turf and put one doon a will start to think maybe it's better but even if they do.... it's still a feckin carpet. :)

yeah but it will be our carpet and we will enjoy watching our team play on a surface that is a million times better than what our pitch has become.

This kind of New stadium may not be for kilbirnie but it is right for Rob Roy in 2014-15 and beyond.

I repeat the club should be applauded for going down this road as it would of been easy for us to use all the money to stay in our own wee bubble reaching out to no one .

aye were loaded to f**k mate but still got priced out the market for sawyers :) aye am serious.. hate seeing history disapear..if i had the cash the vale be done up so you lads could stay dry.. the away end at kilbirnie is best view in the ground. a wee shed behing goals where we stand. join the 2 stands together and put a wee stand like talbots new one for the away end..job done haha

also brick walls right round,, the fencing does my nut in..

I am about the same age as you. God willing we will both be around in 40 or 50 years time.

We grew up with the old grounds, the unique toilets, the dodgey terracing, the old stands and enclosures we look at them with fondness and happy memories. The future supporters will look at it and feel nothing, they will mock scoff at the older grounds that are not very well looked after,older junior grounds will be alien to them and unappealing and that's the truth of it.

I am about the same age as you. God willing we will both be around in 40 or 50 years time.

We grew up with the old grounds, the unique toilets, the dodgey terracing, the old stands and enclosures we look at them with fondness and happy memories. The future supporters will look at it and feel nothing, they will mock scoff at the older grounds ,it will be alien to them and unappealing and that's the truth of it.

i still feel sadness walking into petershill.. cant help but take a look down at the old ground and feel sad as well.. aye am middle of my 30s mate.. ill be chuffed if i get 40 years more but doubt it haha.. prob have heart attack at all this 4g shit :P

Archived