Kirkintilloch Rob Roy New Stadium

RobRoyGuy

Well back i am with good news . After 7 or 8 years of searching the Roy Tonight have launched their new stadium venture with EDC Council and the newly formed Kirkintilloch Community Sports Club.

The consultants are http://www.pmrleisure.co.uk

Project Managers http://www.crgp.co.uk/

EDC have stated they have put in £1million , with the Rob Roy putting a chunk of the money to fund the venture ( more than the £1million , no exact figure out yet est 1.5-1.8 million) with the rest of the est £3.5 million pound project being made up of grants.

Planning to be submitted in next 2 or 3 weeks with the full project being finished by mid late next year 2015.

Depending on Dawn Homes and the access they need the club may need to groundshare while the new stadium is built.

The new stadium site is around 1.5 miles south east of the current ground (nearer the main street ), right next to the new Kirkintilloch Marina at the canal. 4G Pitch , with 3 seven a side pitches next to it , a 500 seater stand , cafe bar bistro, area for club memerobilla to go on display etc.

From the consultants website ......

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy approached PMR Leisure to ask for support to help them use the funds from the sale of the ground to create a community sports club for the town of Kirkintilloch.

Over the last 8 months, 5 partner clubs along with the Leisure Trust and local primary school have come together to develop plans for the newly formed Kirkintilloch Community Sports Club.

The site at Southbank Road is strategically significant in the town as it is using a reclaimed regenerated site. The site sits next to the newly built Langlands Primary School and the Council Head Office on the other side. Adjacent to the site is a business park and the ClydeCanal. The opportunity for significant day time as well as evening usage as this site is in the heart of activity in the town, will play a major part in the long term sustainability of this great project.

The project team (PMR Leisure and Project Managers CRGP) are working with all local partners and agencies to bring this exciting project together which will provide a new chapter in the life of Rob Roy. It will be the first project in Scotland within Junior football where a ground has been sold to enable a major community club project to be developed.

The Club like all football clubs in Scotland face a challenging future and see this partnership approach bringing a completely new era to the Club.

Those partners involved who have formed Kirkintilloch Community Sports Club includes Strathkelvin Shinty Club (who have not been able to play in East Dunbartonshire before now due to lack of facilities), Bishopbriggs Acro Gymnastics, Chung Yong Tae Kwon Do, East Dunbartonshire Culture & Leisure Trust, Langlands Primary School, Rob Roy FC and Rob Roy Youth/Girls Section.

12092296576_3a6d441943.jpg

12092023694_ed910f7249.jpg

12092023414_604719ef93.jpg

12092037146_8433219e1e.jpg

Personally being a junior die hard it will be sad to see us leave adamslie very very sad , some fellow junior supporters may have a go but now is the right time for the club to go this way imo to ensure we are around in 40-50 years time when i am an old git :P . Well done everyone at the club .

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a feeling you would be back on the night after seeing your tweets. Plans look brilliant. Only way forward for junior clubs now. Im hoping in the future Whitletts will have something similar to announce

I had a feeling you would be back on the night after seeing your tweets. Plans look brilliant. Only way forward for junior clubs now. Im hoping in the future Whitletts will have something similar to announce

Aye well been busy with work family stuff etc ,been keeping a low profile but thought i would make an appearance tonight given its a special occasion.

Bennythelegend if your reading this i want a bit of the pitch or something the day the gates get shut

Great news for the club and wider community in general. I'm trying to think where the site will be, presumably down the same road as the marina entrance?

I am from Kirky and i am still trying to work out exactly where :P .

Actually i know near enough right down that road to the bottom. A new primary school is also being built next to the Rob Roy new stadium.

That whole area has undergone a massive multi millon pound regeneration, new marina , college , business park , police station , council office.

Aye well been busy with work family stuff etc ,been keeping a low profile but thought i would make an appearance tonight given its a special occasion.

Bennythelegend if your reading this i want a bit of the pitch or something the day the gates get shut

I'm sure that can be arranged. A bit away for now, though!

The new stadium will be built next to the new Lairdsland Primary School. The site itself is on the same road as the Marina, right down as far as the road goes, towards where the scrapyard is.

Sorry to go against the grain here but in my opinion its not the only way forward for junior clubs.

Yes its better than having no club at all but these places are soulless to visit and aren't a patch on a good old fashioned junior ground for me.

Maybe we are a bit lucky in that our community astro facility and our junior ground are situated in such close proximity but I really wouldn't want my club playing out a sports complex .

Best wishes to those who do or have no other choice in the matter though .

Actually i know near enough right down that road to the bottom. A new primary school is also being built next to the Rob Roy new stadium.

That whole area has undergone a massive multi millon pound regeneration, new marina , college , business park , police station , council office.

Yeah, I live in Kirky too. Must be before the scrapyard on the right hand side.

Sorry to go against the grain here but in my opinion its not the only way forward for junior clubs.

Yes its better than having no club at all but these places are soulless to visit and aren't a patch on a good old fashioned junior ground for me.

Maybe we are a bit lucky in that our community astro facility and our junior ground are situated in such close proximity but I really wouldn't want my club playing out a sports complex .

Best wishes to those who do or have no other choice in the matter though .

I am as much a junior die hard as yourself , i love the old places ( so i can see where you are coming from ) , the history the soul these places have. I will continue to enjoy these places in the future but lets face it most of these junior grounds are now becoming relics of a bygone era.

I still have the memories my first game against talbot in 88 , big scottish games against HOB , Pollok , Talbot , glenafton, dalry, derby games, important league games etc so many memories but their is no point in me clinging to how things used to be. Sometimes in life you need to bite the bullett , realise things have changed or are changing and embrace it.

I am in my early 30s , i want the Roy to be around when i am an old git. This is the best way to ensure they are , that is the most important thing to me .In time our new stadium will become our new home and create its own memories just as the old place did.

Good news they have something sorted.

I've been to see the Roy a few times this season and the last few years.

Will this be the last season at Adamslie or do you think they will play at least part of next season there?

Pure guess i would say so , but i could be wrong , i think its all down to Dawn homes and when they need in.

Yeah, I live in Kirky too. Must be before the scrapyard on the right hand side.

I remember you posting before on this issue mate.

I actually stay right across the canal from the new stadium , so will be venturing up that way more in the future having a look at how things are progressing in the construction of the new place.

Just hope it has more soul and is a kinder environment to visit than the farce at Springburn.

I have every faith it will be. Generally we are a kinder , nicer bunch than your springburn folk jack ;)

Another temple to artificial football. I'd rather have root canal treatment than watch a season's football played on that type of surface.

I won't argue terribly with anyone with that view. As i said in an earlier post i am willing to embrace this and move with the times. I for one will enjoy my football just as much at the new stadium and will continue to enjoy the away games at the grounds with ' character ' the best of both worlds really.

Good luck to Rob Roy with their plans.

RRG welcome back ya wee pest.

Why thank you

Archived