Kirkintilloch Rob Roy New Stadium

RobRoyGuy

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont support Rob Roy but its a shame for them that the club have been out of Kirky so long and dont look like returning any time soon. Plenty of young teenage fans on the buses to the dark sides of Glasgow these days when they could've had a local team to watch. Even if they didnt like it, theyve not had an opportunity to try it. 

I understand they run a bus from Kirky to Guys Meadow for every "home" game but I only found that out having looked up their official site. Theres nothing in the town to promote the club which could end up a problem whenever they do return as a next generation support will be non existant.

As there local rivals i'm saddend by there plight just now , ad hate 2 think they might go under , but u can't sustain being out off your home town for so long without some sort off impact financialy and support wise , i rembember someone telling me that they have a board of trustees in place, so someone must be accountable for what is all going on or not as the case may be ?

Its easy to say Rob Roy should have stayed, but having dealt with EDC, and watched how they have treated other sports with the promises that have been made  nobody would have thought such a high profile build could have been sold down the river at the last minute. Only Rob Roy will know what happened but they dont deserve this. 

There just seems to be a massive error of judgement on the part of the club selling Adamslie without certainty on a new ground.I don’t know who advised the club on that strategy but the club need to look at that I think.

Why should EDC be made the scapegoats in this mess? The whole affair is solely the making of the committee who sold the land. When it all kicked off there was no talk of having a partnership with the local community or the council footing the bill for part of the new stadium . Now years down the line and money obviously squandered they need a backer as can't afford to go it alone!
Now it's petions and save our club and the scandalous way they have been treated by the council. I have sympathy with the local punters who go along and support their team and have been led up the garden path on numerous occasions. I have only 1 question. Why sell your ground if the proceeds don't enable a new home to be constructed within your own town ?

Remember when Kirkintilloch Rob Roy first moved out there was talk of a ground on the north side of Kirkintilloch beside the present day McDonald's on the road to Milton of Campsie. Sure there was talk of spending all sorts of money on a survey. And then the answer was it was on a floodplain which was a bit odd considering the area flooded nearly every time it rained. Did they really spend thousands on the obvious? Strange story.

1 hour ago, kilsythblue said:

Why should EDC be made the scapegoats in this mess? The whole affair is solely the making of the committee who sold the land. When it all kicked off there was no talk of having a partnership with the local community or the council footing the bill for part of the new stadium . Now years down the line and money obviously squandered they need a backer as can't afford to go it alone!
Now it's petions and save our club and the scandalous way they have been treated by the council. I have sympathy with the local punters who go along and support their team and have been led up the garden path on numerous occasions. I have only 1 question. Why sell your ground if the proceeds don't enable a new home to be constructed within your own town ?

The 2016/17 Sectional League Cup winning team had to be paid for somehow....

17 minutes ago, Ross. said:

The 2016/17 Sectional League Cup winning team had to be paid for somehow....

1 club still owns Adamslie park. 2 E.d.c.  Could  changed access 4year ago only changed it 3month Ago when T.H. demanded £1.500,000 million to get in adamslie . Clubs solicitors went into addmistation, if Kilsythblue approaches me at league cup tie I will put him right on Kilsyth demand to Robroy.

3 minutes ago, Inthenow said:

1 club still owns Adamslie park. 2 E.d.c.  Could  changed access 4year ago only changed it 3month Ago when T.H. demanded £1.500,000 million to get in adamslie . Clubs solicitors went into addmistation, if Kilsythblue approaches me at league cup tie I will put him right on Kilsyth demand to Robroy.

I was unaware that the club still owned Adamslie. I was under the impression that it was sold 4 or 5 years ago and the only reason for the lack of development there was the access issue that had been ongoing.

5 minutes ago, PRICEY said:

If the club still own Adamslie,surely there’s more than ground on the site to compensate for the loss of the car park?.

Not if you can't get in except through the ransom strip ie the carpark we don't own .,is this too much to take in . I told you it's not rocket science.. 

Ok thanks for your comments no I don't have a chip I thought I would clear things up by  stating the facts my club has had one load of garbage flung at it , I am not going tit for tat it there in this weeks Kirkintilloch Herald .

I think there’s a few crossed wires on what ground the Rabs still have.I assumed you were talking about the old social club car park that now has house on it.I was under the impression that you would have been able to access Adamslie via the big gate on the main road.

E.D.C. Only recently changed the accesse 3month ago after  The developer wanted £.1.500,000 million to let us in , that why EDC have screwed the club, along with Turnberry homes.at which time everything  was in place it ran out of time.and then you have to start again .i really dislike this site I would ban it but I got my point across.thanks 

Archived