Elgin City Manager departs

I heard he left after a long-term battle with the board, the final straw being the Elgin City board allowing Craig Gunn to leave for a pretty low transfer fee to Berwick as a goodwill gesture for all he's done at the club during his long time there, now he's moved down to Edinburgh. Ross wasn't happy with players being sold beneath him so he offered his resignation. Fair play to him, but glad we're getting Gunn. Hopefully he's there in time for Saturday's game at Albion! #CCRevolution #JohnRobertsonIsFuckingShit

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack didn't fill his bench on Saturday, which could be interpreted as a statement to the board.

I think the comment on Wilson taking Wick backwards is harsh, they've been blown out of the water this season by some big spending. Getting cuffed 5-2 by Cove doesn't help his argument, but they're hardly a poor team either. It wasn't long ago that he had first refusal at Queen of the South, he's not a bad manager.

Robertson would be a good enough signing, I'm sure he'd enjoy putting out an attacking 4-3-3 with that side. I'd love it to happen, if only if it meant that he had to give up bashing Ross County on the radio.

His comments in the playoffs will forever las in my mind,

first semi final leg in Elgin rovers were reduced to 10 men after 20 mins so changed from 4-4-2 to 4-1-3-1. we defended well but lost the leg 1-0, in an interview he said we were a poor team and the only thing we done was parked the bus for 70 mins.

We won the second leg 2-0 thanks to a John gemmill tap in and Scott chaplain last minuet overhead kick that took a massive deflection. the guys in the shop had t-shirts made up that said " Albion Rovers parking the bus since 1882"

His comments in the playoffs will forever las in my mind,

first semi final leg in Elgin rovers were reduced to 10 men after 20 mins so changed from 4-4-2 to 4-1-3-1. we defended well but lost the leg 1-0, in an interview he said we were a poor team and the only thing we done was parked the bus for 70 mins.

We won the second leg 2-0 thanks to a John gemmill tap in and Scott chaplain last minuet overhead kick that took a massive deflection. the guys in the shop had t-shirts made up that said " Albion Rovers parking the bus since 1882"

He wasn't the only one from Elgin that made a cnut of himself during that play-off. Remember the boy complaining about having to wash in the sink? :lol:

Robbo should be a good appointment. Got us playing good football after being at the bottom of the league and got us on a great cup run with a win at Pittodrie. Would love to have kept him but the commute made it impossible.

Also, if Barry Wilson gets the job I'm giving up on football.

I'd put money on it being an ex-ICT/Ross County hoofer wanting to try their hand at management. Ross Tokely or Stuart Golabek or Barry Wilson. Someone like that

edit: If John Robertson still lives in that neck of the woods then he'd probably be a good shout as well

Was speaking to Jamie McKenzie and he said he is going to put his name forward for it. He had a successful period down here managing Forth Juniors and obviously was caretaker at Elgin quite some time back.

He didn't too bad last time around.

Was speaking to Jamie McKenzie and he said he is going to put his name forward for it. He had a successful period down here managing Forth Juniors and obviously was caretaker at Elgin quite some time back.

Don't think he's the right man at the moment as we need someone with a bit more experience but we could do a lot worse. I loved his spell as manager, it was the last time an Elgin team were capable of showing a bit of grit and fight on the park when things weren't going our way.

Don't think he's the right man at the moment as we need someone with a bit more experience but we could do a lot worse. I loved his spell as manager, it was the last time an Elgin team were capable of showing a bit of grit and fight on the park when things weren't going our way.

He knows the division pretty well with playing in the division for years, and is going to relocate to Elgin if he gets the job.

I think he is in with a decent shout as he did well last time round when he was caretaker and had a successful stint in the juniors.

The prospect of Wilson back at Elgin upsets me, a lot. What little experience he does have has seen his wick side go from title contenders to bloody average. Just because he spent a bit of time as rj's assistant doesn't mean he should be favourite for the job. I'd rather we took a chance on someone ambitious like Jamie Mckenzie than dross like Wilson. We need to get this season right so that next year isn't a total disaster as well.

So Barry Wilson shouldn't be anywhere near the club because of his lack of experience in your opinion, however Jamie Mackenzie should get the job despite his lack of experience? A bit of hypocritical view point there.

Barry has done fine at Wick. The Wick side finishing 6th would be a very good season. Did Barry not give you his autograph, hence why you're seething about his potential appointment?

Archived