Your Old Stadium

Im sure I heard a story that the game was played in the afternoon and a few hours later that evening Queens Park played a rearranged league match at Hampden

May have been a load of pish but has anyone else heard of that?

Celtic played at Hampden on a Saturday night about 40 odd years ago when the old main stand at Celtic Park was getting a new roof.

Loved looking through this thread. Would've loved to have been to some of these old stadiums back then. Completely different era of football nowadays

The Beach End at Aberdeen pre seating (wooden benches) circa 1973 was class.

Surprised how little that gets mentioned.

• 4 weeks later...

My old man loved looking through this with me. Telling me stories from every ground watching the Clyde.

Shawfield against Partick Thistle Scottish Cup replay.

Floodlights go out and some rascal was running across the bridge with a corner flag chased by the trainer.

• 5 weeks later...

Just found this thread. Away back on page 1 I see ICT Chris has plugged my Caley site HERE and also my grounds page HERE.

These pages date from about 2000 and are unlikely to be updated due to my software being obsolete just like my skills. They just show how web design nowadays is unrecognisable from back then with html :(

Anyway, looking for advice as I still have some usable pics that nobody has seen. I thought I might start something like a blog. Anything which lets me post up pics with minimum effort. Any suggestions?

Just found this thread. Away back on page 1 I see ICT Chris has plugged my Caley site HERE and also my grounds page HERE.

These pages date from about 2000 and are unlikely to be updated due to my software being obsolete just like my skills. They just show how web design nowadays is unrecognisable from back then with html :(

Anyway, looking for advice as I still have some usable pics that nobody has seen. I thought I might start something like a blog. Anything which lets me post up pics with minimum effort. Any suggestions?

Wordpress is free to use, and its pretty straightforward.

Aah the coo shed. Many memories of the place and the amazing toilets round behind it (a steel fence/wall)

A smile on my face too seeing that picture and CID (Casuals Internal Division) sprayed on the side, brings it all back....

I always thought CID stood for "Casuals In Dumfries"?

Edit to add: this is a great thread.

Edited by Swarley

• 2 weeks later...

Think it was a social club behind one of the goals at Kilbowie and Cove Rangers also did the glassed in directors box thing in the Highland League. Can remember the decayed wooden terracing at Bayview being in a terrible state back in the early 80s to the point of being genuinely unsafe to walk over. May have helped explain why there were more Hamilton Accies supporters on it than East Fife ones, which was never a good sign given the visiting Accies support in those days was typically using one bus and a minivan at the time.

I'm a bit puzzled by this as Hamilton Accies did not play at Bayview between 1978-79 and 1983-84, by which time the terracing was concreted...

Wordpress is free to use, and its pretty straightforward.

OK I got this up and running. I started with a post about Hampden and I've got a couple of shots from being there with ICT in 1997 when the South Stand was down. You could see way over the South side of Glasgow.

Should be easier now to get all my old scans online.

Blog is HERE