top 5 favourite Junior Grounds

Roy Race

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Havent been too many West Region but i will go for

1. Linlithgow- Fantastic set up for a junior club, puts senior too shame

2. Hill Of Beath- Probably the neatest most compact ground in the East Region

3. Sauchie- Nice big stand with enclosure opposite, Would be some atmosphere when full

4. Lochee- Lovely wee compact ground set in a bowl with decent social club

5. Newburgh- Again neat and tidy compact ground in a rural setting.

You are all forgetting Larkhalls Gasworks Park, the only Junior venue to host a Scottish Junior Cup final, and on whose turf more full Scottish Internationals and Seniors have been reared than any other club. It is also the oldest club ground still in existence, perhaps not for much longer.

I understand Dunipaces park is under the care of Historic Scotland.

Like Garrellburn, I remember Dunoon playing at the Cowal Stadium, and we also played Aberdeen East End at the vast Linksfield Stadium.

Vale of Leven is also an historic ground. Other wee scenic gems include Lugar.

You are all forgetting Larkhalls Gasworks Park, the only Junior venue to host a Scottish Junior Cup final, and on whose turf more full Scottish Internationals and Seniors have been reared than any other club. It is also the oldest club ground still in existence, perhaps not for much longer.

I understand Dunipaces park is under the care of Historic Scotland.

Like Garrellburn, I remember Dunoon playing at the Cowal Stadium, and we also played Aberdeen East End at the vast Linksfield Stadium.

Vale of Leven is also an historic ground. Other wee scenic gems include Lugar.

Funny you should mention Lugar as I'm sure their ground has been used since 1882 (senior club), the year after Larkhall Thistle moved to Gasworks Park.

You are all forgetting Larkhalls Gasworks Park

No were not.

You've also mentioned Dunipace, which was probably the least enjoyable away day I've ever had. The town was shut, the locals were rude, and there was moss gathering on the stand which caused me to slip and ruin a tracksuit (I was 15).

No were not.

You've also mentioned Dunipace, which was probably the least enjoyable away day I've ever had. The town was shut, the locals were rude, and there was moss gathering on the stand which caused me to slip and ruin a tracksuit (I was 15).

The only place I have not enjoyed was Largs due to the behaviour of the locals.

What a fvcking cretin.

I was using reductio ad absurdum, so get that up ye for a start...

I'm genuinely interested, I'm not going back to dig up the quote but you claimed something absolutely absurd happened which, if it was true, would not have been accepted by anyone else who was watching.

Think you will find there were witnesses to the incident but it is only you who has mentioned fire setting.

If it was what I think it was, why did the witnesses do/say nothing?

Also, I see you don't know what reductio ad absurdum is?

We'll draw a line under it by just admitting it didn't happen

If it was what I think it was, why did the witnesses do/say nothing?

Also, I see you don't know what reductio ad absurdum is?

We'll draw a line under it by just admitting it didn't happen

Even by your low standards you are making a tit of yourself here.

Few questions for you here;

What evidence do you have that the witnesses did nothing or did you just make that bit up ?

Why would I lie about it ?- I have been to about 80 junior grounds and never had any trouble.

You are very confident it didn't happen so I presume you saw the actions of every supporter as they left the ground or did you make that bit up as well.

Is there nobody who goes to Largs games who is capable of making an arse of themselves - this would seem very unlikely as you do it on virtually every thread you contribute on.

I heard Muirkirks ground was some place I've got photos on my pc of it looks like they were playing football on the side of Ben Nevis looked to be some scenery aswell but not a place for the faint hearted eh

I took these photos of Muirkirk's old Ladeside Park about 8 years ago. It's hard to imagine 5,000 fans around the pitch.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/pfc/library/Muirkirk%20old%20ground?sort=4&page=1

Archived