What should the punishment be in the event of Administration?

What should the punishment be?  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lets be honest, regardless of what deduction they would get, their thick fans would still believe that they are the same team.

An interesting senario if it was avaliable would be domotion as I don't think ra peepul would be quite as happy to pretend that they are the same team if this was on the cards.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looking at the options on the poll i think the punishment for this incarnation of rangers should be demotion.

5-10 points is not a punishment enough

10-20 would allow promotion, letting them prosper from their inability to pay what they are due.

20+ is just in the realms of ridiculous.

instant demotion will prove to be a deterrant to all. no matter how big you think you are.

booting out of senior football is a fantasy for many and giving the rangers the benefit of the doubt.. they may learn their lesson this time

looking at the options on the poll i think the punishment for this incarnation of rangers should be demotion.

5-10 points is not a punishment enough

10-20 would allow promotion, letting them prosper from their inability to pay what they are due.

20+ is just in the realms of ridiculous.

instant demotion will prove to be a deterrant to all. no matter how big you think you are.

booting out of senior football is a fantasy for many and giving the rangers the benefit of the doubt.. they may learn their lesson this time

Booting them out isn't realistic, I agree. In a football context, anyway. In terms of point deductions, the only difference between 15/25/28 is that the level would bolster one side or the other of the old/new debate - otherwise known as ra gers and the football establishment Vs. Reality and natural justice.

I said above about booting them out "in a football context". The rangers inter/the rangers/whatever are a business, though, surely? And there are laws about trading while insolvent? If any other business goes under - Woolworth's, Intune Networks, the wee New Age clinic down the precinct - the shutters go up, the staff are let go (probably without compensation), and the assets are sold to raise payment for creditors.

If rangers cannot meet obligations such as salaries, utility bills or the like, they would be disallowed from continuing to trade. The footballing context then becomes a more easily defined one of bringing the game into disrepute through failure to fulfil fixtures.

I reckon that we're into the endgame, and it's going to be pretty fúcking funny guessing which rat's going to jump next, and what stories they may tell when clear of the sinking ship. It's not going to be simple, it's not going to happen overnight, but I for one am looking forward to some quality entertainment in the weeks and months to come. You've got to feel a wee bit short-changed, mind, as we'll probably never see them getting hammered senseless in the top division in an almost-empty Mordor. But hey, you can't have everything. Whatever happens from here on in, it's shits and giggles for the Ps and Ds, and shame, embarrassment and pain for the Horde.*

Can opened, worms fucking everywhere. Fúcking lovely.

*Wait a minute! Is that Dave King coming down the Drive with a warchest?

Nope! :lol:

Last accounts was shown as £19.1M with projected Income of £20M this year

Gate receipts and hospitality was £13.2M

sponsorship £1M

Retail £1.6M

Broadcasting £1M

Commercial £1M

Seriously? Rangers income is £20M pa? That's 40,000 season tickets at £300 plus another £8M from where?

No it was just some numbers that you plucked from thin air while trying to be act smart.

To which of the two posts above are you referring too Benny ?, The DA and Tedi have done exactly the same thing and plucked figures from thin air but you couldn't help yourself making a cnut out of yersel as per usual in your pursuit to rubbish any other poster who isn't a bear.

Those were the highlights.

Are there any of these figures you disagree with, is the £19.1M mentioned in the accounts correct or incorrect?

Last years accounts have no bearing on this years projected losses Tedi, it's all about how much this season the club will lose.

Agree with all 3 of these posts. The wage bill is realistic for turnover and size of club but not required for present circumstance. I still believe the appropriate cuts will be made and once we are in the championship, income levels will rise. Not a fan of Ally as a manager and though he's obviously been used to keep support onside, he has taken plenty for his trouble and a better manager would have cost less and would have achieved our goal of rising through leagues without the need for the squad we have.

I've been getting pelters for it from all sides but I genuinely believe the club is in no way going to go tits up again and will not be allowed to by the powers that be anyway. I know that's unpopular among support of other clubs but it's nonetheless the reality and they'll get over it.

See this is your main problem and is exactly why your old club went tits up from a high height and then keeled over and died a humiliating and embarrassing death.

You are happy to sit on yer arse and hope that somehow the club is immune to being killed off in it's current state, if this incarnation goes tits up then I do fear it will never recover from being plummeted back down to the lowest division where the fans will just say enough is enough and the journey becomes a nightmare, because the fans won't see it as anything other than a shambles.

It is way too big a club to be romping in the lower leagues where it is being financially restricted but yet the club is outspending every other club bar one, it is one denial of promotion away from financial insolvency that will kill it off for good and that is how precarious the situation is.

There is nothing the association's can do if it fails and the fans refuse to support a 3rd version of The Rangers in the lowest division.

I was answering a question, fook knows what you were doing.

You were also quoting fictitious figures of projected income and have no clue to the real numbers the club will post come the interim accounts which should be really funny :) .

Ok it was a speculative guess based on the fact we have sold around the same number of ST`s and will receive sponsorship from Blackthorne and Puma which was not present in last years accounts.

I would say these are pretty strong clues.

Much the same as mine, then.

Ok it was a speculative guess based on the fact we have sold around the same number of ST`s and will receive sponsorship from Blackthorne and Puma which was not present in last years accounts.

I would say these are pretty strong clues.

Yip I'm totally convinced with your back of a fag packet calculations Tedi :lol: .

I mean after all you argued with me all last year about how much money the club would throw away doon the lavvy and guess what ?, I was nearer the total than you were ever anywhere near 8) .

100 points deduction would be fair - probably still be able to catch Airdrie.

Also, in their next incarnation, this must be their new strip, given their unswerving belief in reincarnation and the eternal soul..

HareKrishna_costume-thumb-300x274-9063.j

Pot and Kettle springs to mind.

On a slightly different note i've noticed that another campaign is under way here to make sure that Rangers get a 25 point deduction.

First of all the bloggers rant about it, then on to websites, then on to radio phone ins and finally the mainstream print media pick it up and the public start to take it all as gospel.....

On a slightly different note i've noticed that another campaign is under way here to make sure that Rangers get a 25 point deduction.

First of all the bloggers rant about it, then on to websites, then on to radio phone ins and finally the mainstream print media pick it up and the public start to take it all as gospel.....

Enemies of "Rangers", you might say. :lol:

Ewing does have history of running with popular opinion, if we were to get a 25 point deduction i'd like to see Rangers go back to court.

The seethe from the PandD's shouting it's the same bloody club would be wonderful lol

by EWING GRAHAME

Rangers would be deducted 25 points should they be forced into administration this season ? even though Hearts were given just a 15-point penalty last year.

Under new rules introduced last summer when the SPL took over the Scottish Football League to form the SPFL, clubs which suffer more than one insolvency event in the space of five years will be hit with a 25-point penalty.The SPFL board believes that, since Lord Nimmo Smith ruled, at a hearing last February, that the current club was a continuation of the same entity which went into liquidation in October 2012 when finding them guilty of not disclosing payments to their players, Rangers should face the heavier sanction.

Rangers are currently 23 points clear of second-placed Dunfermline at the top of League One.

The Ibrox club first entered administration in February 2012 and former director Dave King has warned that it could happen again.

SPFL sources also confirmed that Hearts will start 2014-15 on minus 15 points if they have not emerged from administration before the beginning of the season.http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...reat-1-3281694

Hmmmmm thought you said the club never went into liquidation just the company?

Now you're agreeing that the current club is a continuation of the same entity that went into liquidation?!

Make your mind up mate.

I can see a significant number of legal actions if the Rangers go into administration.

I'll be suing them for having to have my sides stitched.

Absolute drop in the ocean, GD, compared to the eventual bill for all the cocks that'll have to be re-attached.

Archived