House Of Fools - New Reeves & Mortimer Show

DAFC

Watched the pilot episode last night. I thought it was a bit slow apart from one or two lol moments.

Think it has potential though and I like Matt Berry and Skinner.

Dreadful. Stopped watching half way through. Maybe it's because I was never a big fan of Shooting Stars, but I knew from the start when Vic was wearing a metal gauntlet for no apparent reason it was going to be woeful.

It was a bit of an irritating mess, downright dreadful in parts, and yet it made me laugh a fair few times. I simply don't know what to think.

It's easy to pick holes in this type of programme.

If it made you laugh a fair few times, then it's no bad thing eh?

It's easy to pick holes in this type of programme.

If it made you laugh a fair few times, then it's no bad thing eh?

Aye, for all it's faults I still found parts of it far funnier than the majority of recent British comedy offerings I've seen, which I guess is the main thing. It's just that the bits I didn't like were really bad. It was bit of curate's egg all told.

There was so much going on though that, even when a scene fell flat, something would come along soon after which would tickle me at least a wee bit. The overwhelming silliness of it all was both endearing and annoying in pretty much equal measure.

I thought the first half was very poor, and the canned/studio laughter at nothing jokes irritating, but then it just seemed to click, and the second half was fucking brilliant, reeves and Mortimer at their very best. was killing myself laughing by the end

It was very Mid 90's... But then I loved each V&B show from Big night out to Bang Bang.

This was about as puerile as it gets but it just worked for me.

It's been series linked!

Aye, for all it's faults I still found parts of it far funnier than the majority of recent British comedy offerings I've seen, which I guess is the main thing. It's just that the bits I didn't like were really bad. It was bit of curate's egg all told.

There was so much going on though that, even when a scene fell flat, something would come along soon after which would tickle me at least a wee bit. The overwhelming silliness of it all was both endearing and annoying in pretty much equal measure.

Thats pretty much my take too, I'm not really a sitcom kind of a cat but I'm a big V & B fan so probably more generous towards it. First episodes of a series can sometimes be a bit hit and miss because theres a bit of scene setting going on but overall, I did laugh a few times so 'its a yes from me'.

I don't even know what to think after watching that. I laughed, but I can't figure out if it was because it was funny or if it was because the show is so stupid that it shouldn't have even been commissioned.

Again, overanalysing, imo.

It wasn't meant to be a deep social commentary. Neither will it win any awards. It is what it is, half an hour of daftness, and if you take it as that, I reckon you'll enjoy it. I can't wait for episode 2.

It's the best sitcom offering the BBC have commissioned for a while - but then it wouldn't be hard for it to be that, given how poor their offerings have been of late.

I did find it incredibly silly - and if one particular joke fell flat then another would come along in a few seconds and make you forget about the duff one. Matt Berry was excellent, I loved his "woodpecker?" line. I also fancy Morgana a bit, so her being in it helped.

In short, I liked it a lot and I'll be watching it again next week.

Archived