George Galloway

Barrfields_Largs

Just listened to George on TV justifying the harbouring of nuclear weapons on Scottish soil. What happened to this guy?

Seriously. George was always driven by his ego from an early age, that is what defined him. He peaked with his attendance at the Senate hearings in which his performance was masterly and was on a world stage. It's all gone down hill for him since then.

A genuine comparison would be an actor who was once a star and has long since been in decline. Yes, still a household name but now a C list celebrity at best. No longer invited to the big parties but still desperate for attention and air time.

He will willingly contradict previous positions for purposes of notoriety because that notoriety is his only saleable asset now in his attempt to get folk to notice.

He's fast becoming a parody of himself.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A genuine comparison would be an actor who was once a star and has long since been in decline. Yes, still a household name but now a C list celebrity at best. No longer invited to the big parties but still desperate for attention and air time.

A bit like someone who would go on Celebrity Big Brother? Oh no, wait a minute.....

Police investigating death threat against George Galloway

The police are investigating a death threat against George Galloway, the Respect MP who has played a prominent role in the no campaign. This is from the Press Association.

Would imagine he gets these on a monthly basis from a variety of nutters.

Edit: turns out to be linked to his strident views on the Israeli-Gazan conflict and stamped with a postmark from Austria so in no way related to his prominent role in the no campaign.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/17/george-galloway-death-threat-police-israel

• 7 months later...

Thought he might have taken up the Celtic-penalty cause to get elected in Glesgae?

He tried years ago to get elected in Glasgow as a MSP using the Celtic/Catholic card.

Failed miserably. He knows he's done for in Scottish politics has been for a very long time.

heilheil.jpg

The funny part being Paul McBride was a Tory

Curiously he was quite popular on the left until he was anti independence who would have thunk it.

Bit of a blanket statement. I'm 'on the left' and I've always hated his fucking guts.

Many folk admired Galloway's total destruction of US hubris when he appeared at the Senate enquiry. He was also admired for his long standing support for the Palestinian cause. Personally I still appreciate what he did on both these areas.

However his personal greed, manipulation (nothing new), and lack of scruples have lost him support of many to an extent he has become completely marginalised.

His defining characteristic has always been his ego and that has propelled him down paths from which there's no return.

His apparent embrace of Islam has puzzled many folk who remember his days as an ardent communist and his total disdain for Scottish independence is totally, and inexplicably, at odds with his support for the Irish version.

The guy has become a parody of himself and his announcement that he will stand for the Mayoral election in London if he fails to win a seat at Westminster shows how desperately he craves attention to feed the aforementioned ego.

Curiously he was quite popular on the left until he was anti independence who would have thunk it.

He certainly makes things more interesting. I don't like the way that he operates, but I agree with him on quite a lot of what he says.

He failed to get a seat on the list in 2011 did he not? Would certainly add a bit of spice to the Scottish parliament.

He certainly makes things more interesting. I don't like the way that he operates, but I agree with him on quite a lot of what he says.

He failed to get a seat on the list in 2011 did he not? Would certainly add a bit of spice to the Scottish parliament.

I actually found that incredible. Personally I cant stand the man, used to like him due to many reasons Granny stated above. But not to make the list in a system designed for people like him to make said list really shows how far he has fallen in popularity

Have you no decency! Have you no decency, Sir!

He comes out with some decent soundbites, but he's a complete bellend. Deserving of being pummelled with stress balls.

He tried years ago to get elected in Glasgow as a MSP using the Celtic/Catholic card.

Failed miserably. He knows he's done for in Scottish politics has been for a very long time.

heilheil.jpg

The funny part being Paul McBride was a Tory

That was fucking outstanding. (Not the anti Catholic bigotry, that's not cool)

You could imagine him thinking that he was a nailed on certainty to get in using that card, only for him to be unceremoniously fucked from pillar to post in the election.

You could imagine him thinking that he was a nailed on certainty to get in using that card, only for him to be unceremoniously fucked from pillar to post in the election.

Hail! Hail! Election fail!

I can't remember off the top of my head but I'm sure he came in 4th

Archived