F1 2014

deano67

Post 7, I told you the Kobmeister was coming ;) I'm the James Allen of P&B :batman

And we have our first look at a new 2014 car -

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/01/22/force-india-reveal-first-picture-vjm07/forc-vjm07-twitter/

From the side that doesnt look as bad as I was fearing.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad! Can't tell if there's a step on the nose, but it looks decent.

Flashy livery means it will be unlikely to be misidentified with anything else on the grid.

I was just going to ask if the wheel was blocking a step or is the nose tapered,

Just need to wait until tomorrow to see the McLaren!!

Post 7, I told you the Kobmeister was coming ;) I'm the James Allen of P&B :batman

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/01/22/force-india-reveal-first-picture-vjm07/forc-vjm07-twitter/

I posted on the 2013 thread he was going to Caterham :P

The Force India livery looks cracking. Funny how they've hidden the nose though...

Post 7, I told you the Kobmeister was coming ;)I'm the James Allen of P&B :batman

That's not something you want to be.

Anyway, the Force India looks smart.

That Force India looks nice from the side on, obviously need to see it head on to see what the nose is going to look like. Also waiting to see the Lotus who apparently are bring the Martini livery back.....retro schemes always looks nice.

Although I'm a Kobayashi fan, I would have preferred him to stay in GT racing either in the GT class with Ferrari or move up to one of the privateer LMP1 cars. The Caterham is just not going to be good enough for him, he deserves better. Hopefully he's still on Ferrari's books/plans if (or if the rumours are to believed, when) they launch the LMP1 program for 2015.

Eric Boullier has left Lotus to go to Macleran and Gerard Lopez takes over at Lotus

Was just going to post this,

Reports in the British press suggest McLaren could name Sam Michael as their new team boss at Friday's launch.

With Ron Dennis taking the reigns at McLaren earlier this month, sweeping changes are expected at the Formula One team.

One of those changes could be the exit of Martin Whitmarsh.

The current team boss is under fire after a dismal 2013 season for McLaren in which the team failed to secure a single podium finish.

And, according to Telegraph Sport could be on his way out.

In a press release earlier this week announcing Stoffel Vandoorne as the team's official reserve driver, instead of putting in quotes from Whitmarsh, McLaren quoted Michael.

This, the newspaper speculates, could be a "small indication" that Whitmarsh is on his way out and Michael is set for promotion.

But, i'd also read that Boullier had been installed as principal at McLaren, has it been confirmed???

Also, double points for the last race confirmed :thumbsdown

The double points rule for the season finale will go ahead after the team bosses failed to object in a meeting.

The team bosses met with Bernie Ecclestone earlier this week but, according to the BBC"no attempt was made to overturn it."

Although several teams and drivers voiced opinions prior to Wednesday's meeting in Geneva, when push came to shove nothing was said.

Andrew Benson reports that "none of the teams chose to make a major issue of the plan at the meeting, probably because they felt it was not worth falling out with Ecclestone over."

As such, double points will be awarded for the first time in this year's season finale in Abu Dhabi.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/9130610/Double-points-here-to-stay

joke of a decision, absolute joke :angry:

Archived