The Official Hearts Juggernaut Thread ('14-'15 Edition)

Sorry to wade in, but I'd have thought that the events of 86 would have had a pretty profound effect on any Hearts fan old enough to remember them. Anyone not scarred and a little bit haunted by that, would surely need to have not been there.

Spot on, despite the success of 1980, 1998, 2006 and 2012 that fantastic season of 1985/86 will forever haunt me, for some the ghost was laid to rest but even travelling down to Dumfries on Saturday the topic was discussed just as someone was trying to sell a " Mind The Gap" badge to me, i'm full of aprehension, superstition and simply caution, i do not want to end up with egg on my face after being so confident and then falling from the mantle, a very harsh lesson was learned from that day in May, one that has stayed with me ever since.

Despite everyone going on about that season everyone tends to forget the facts that Hearts have lost out on winning the Championship on 3 other occasions on the last day, 2 of them could have seen Hearts doing a 4 in a row from 1956/57 to 1959/60, unbelievable, then of course you have 1964/65 and 1981/82 ( promotion ). There is a long way to go and it's one game at a time for me.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spot on, despite the success of 1980, 1998, 2006 and 2012 that fantastic season of 1985/86 will forever haunt me, for some the ghost was laid to rest but even travelling down to Dumfries on Saturday the topic was discussed just as someone was trying to sell a " Mind The Gap" badge to me, i'm full of aprehension, superstition and simply caution, i do not want to end up with egg on my face after being so confident and then falling from the mantle, a very harsh lesson was learned from that day in May, one that has stayed with me ever since.

Despite everyone going on about that season everyone tends to forget the facts that Hearts have lost out on winning the Championship on 3 other occasions on the last day, 2 of them could have seen Hearts doing a 4 in a row from 1956/57 to 1959/60, unbelievable, then of course you have 1964/65 and 1981/82 ( promotion ). There is a long way to go and it's one game at a time for me.

I'm with you mate however some on here are too young and are not expected to understand and others are too stupid.

Very confident but forget the triumphalism until were over the line.

I'm with you mate however some on here are too young and are not expected to understand and others are too stupid.

What I am old enough and clever enough to understand is that there is virtually no correlation between this season and that of 1985-86. All logic points to Hearts strolling to this league title. Relax and enjoy it. It's over.

What I am old enough and clever enough to understand is that there is virtually no correlation between this season and that of 1985-86. All logic points to Hearts strolling to this league title. Relax and enjoy it. It's over.

I'm not young enough to know everything. :(

But seriously, I am very relaxed. I know it's ridiculously unlikely for us to f**k it up now.

It'll be interesting to see how long the sellout crowds last next year in the Premiership

We should sell a similar number of season tickets again next year, if not slightly more, so our crowds will still be good.

There will be bigger away supports again as well. Matches with Aberdeen, Dundee United and Dundee should be decent, especially if we're doing well.

Chances are the vast majority of fans will renue. The question that a lot of people are asking is will the price of ST's go up? And by how much. For most it wouldnt be a big deal, but people with kids having to shell out for them too might be put off if the price does go up quite a bit

It's obviously too soon to call and we've no idea who's coming in next summer but what are my fellow jambos expectations for next season? I'd be satisfied with top 6. But where is this veritable JUGGERNAUT headed?

When you look at this seasons Premiership: Motherwell, St. Mirren, Ross County and Partick have been utterly dismal and Kilie and St. Johnstone are pretty meh. I'd be surprised if Hamilton and Inverness match this seasons consistency but Dundee should still be top six. Aberdeen and Dundee United will be at the right end of the table for the foreseeable future.

Finishing 2nd or 3rd is very unlikely but it should ultimately be the aim for Heart of Midlothian. I'd say that 4th (and certainly 5th or 6th) should be more than achievable with a good transfer window and pre-season, though. That, plus at least one good cup run would be excellent progress. We've also won the Scottish in 1896, 1906, 1956 and 2006 and reached the final in 1976, 1986 and 1996 so it's clearly written in the stars etc. 8)

We're finishing 2nd next year, if not winning the league. Celtic have pumped us twice and I'm certainly not scared of them.

I'm aware that fans of diddy teams like United and Aberdeen will look at that statement, and because they're having their first ever challenge since Jimmy Nail was relevant, will pretend that they still are.

We'll head up, finish second, maybe first, and I can't wait for the Euro tour.

As far as being championship challengers Hearts will get absolutely fucked in the first division or Championship if you prefer next season.

Predictions for next season

1. Falkirk

2. Hamilton

3. Rangers

4. Hearts

F**k the hearts

Is this fans of the pishest side to get relegated from the SPL in years fucking bragging?

Juggernaut my arse.

With the main attraction being the scum from Ibrox, I would suggest that you will just be a sideshow to them.

In cinema language, you will therefore just be a trailer. You certainly won't be a Juggernaut.

Two weeks they will be Silk cut level.

Pair of shitebags. :lol:

f**k off with your "one game at a time" meaningless pish. 8) It's just a case of steamrollering one pub team after another until the season ends. 8)

shogun_knockout.gif

Archived