The Official Hearts Juggernaut Thread ('14-'15 Edition)

I did, aye. It's utterly tragic how many folk, most of whom wouldn't even had pubes at the time, are damaged by a result nearly thirty years ago. Thirty fucking years!

:lol:

It was actually me that mentioned it......I wouldn't go as far as saying it "damaged" me but it certainly makes me wary of claiming games/titles/cups are "in the bag"!

I've always found "realism" is a far better approach to supporting Heart of Midlothian FC.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was actually me that mentioned it......I wouldn't go as far as saying it "damaged" me but it certainly makes me wary of claiming games/titles/cups are "in the bag"!

I've always found "realism" is a far better approach to supporting Heart of Midlothian FC.

I'm sure you realise that neither your thoughts, feelings, or words on the internet are going to change the outcome either way, though.

I'm sure you realise that neither your thoughts, feelings, or words on the internet are going to change the outcome either way, though.

I'm well aware of that but find the reluctance to tempt fate has served me better in life......especially given that I support Hearts!

I'm well aware of that but find the reluctance to tempt fate has served me better in life......especially given that I support Hearts!

Baws to that. I've been shooting my big fat mouth off since September, and some result from the time that haircuts forgot isn't going to change that.

greggy.png

Sorry to wade in, but I'd have thought that the events of 86 would have had a pretty profound effect on any Hearts fan old enough to remember them.

Anyone not scarred and a little bit haunted by that, would surely need to have not been there.

Sorry to wade in, but I'd have thought that the events of 86 would have had a pretty profound effect on any Hearts fan old enough to remember them. Anyone not scarred and a little bit haunted by that, would surely need to have not been there.

Then I shudder to think how they cope with REAL loss.

Oh, and I remember it fine, by the way.

Sorry to wade in, but I'd have thought that the events of 86 would have had a pretty profound effect on any Hearts fan old enough to remember them. Anyone not scarred and a little bit haunted by that, would surely need to have not been there.

It was 30 fucking years ago. :lol:

Then I shudder to think how they cope with REAL loss.

Oh, and I remember it fine, by the way.

Obviously, I mean this in a football context. I'd have expected it to impact on Hearts fans in terms of football and its scope for providing expectations, joy, misery and disappointment.

I'm not comparing what happened to the real hurt, loss and damage people can suffer in their human relationships.

I was there. I still don't take things for granted but...

- this is the second tier of Scots fitba

- we are not narrowly ahead of a decent Cetlic side

= our nearest challengers are at admin's door once again and have TWO managers on gardening leave/ working notice

- the next closest inform team is Hibs. Nuff said.

- it was 30 years ago

Though, I always fear another 7-0 loss to Hibs after the embarrassment in '73.

Archived