Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

22 minutes ago, Mozzamozza said:

The Match.com advert with the leabians that strip off. Is there a longer version online anywhere?

no but you can repeat it again and again 

Ramsays Hotel Hell - Gordon Ramsay goes to shite hotels in America and tries to talk sense to the owners and then helps do the place up. 

Love this programme.  Last night's episode was fantastic mainly due to how useless/moronic the manager is.  Always amazes me that these shows don't properly clean the rooms especially when they know he is visiting. 

Best part of the episode was the relaunch when the mayor was invited for dinner only for the manager to get the table number wrong and leave them sitting waiting for their food. We never saw if they even got their food!

Anybody else a fan? 

Absolutely. 

The disgust he has in his face every time he's served a dish from the restraunts/hotels gets me every time, especially when the owners and chefs insist on denying theres anything wrong with them.

I watched one the other week where the owner slept in a box room in the kitchen and Ramsay couldn't even sleep over night in the spare room it was that disgusting and he ended up getting a hotel elsewhere. Out the back was a big line of freezers where they stored all their food. It was just a living nightmare :lol:

Can't remember if it was the same one but one chef BOILED frozen burgers. Ramsays face after witnessing that was a picture. Can never remember him looking so shocked before. 

2 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Absolutely. 

The disgust he has in his face every time he's served a dish from the restraunts/hotels gets me every time, especially when the owners and chefs insist on denying theres anything wrong with them.

I watched one the other week where the owner slept in a box room in the kitchen and Ramsay couldn't even sleep over night in the spare room it was that disgusting and he ended up getting a hotel elsewhere. Out the back was a big line of freezers where they stored all their food. It was just a living nightmare :lol:

Can't remember if it was the same one but one chef BOILED frozen burgers. Ramsays face after witnessing that was a picture. Can never remember him looking so shocked before. 

Missed that one but agree that his face with the food is just incredible.  Last night when he made the manager discuss why the fish is frozen with 2 customers was just perfect TV.  "It's for costs"

Hotel Hell has changed format slightly from previous series, I think it is a bit more unscripted but it is still vey much edited to bits to make it more 'shocking'. They used to have the big disclaimer at the end that basically said "what you have seen is not in the right order and most of it has been changed to add dramatic effect". I also remember reading an article where basically all of the hotels and restaurants Ramsay visited have since closed anyway so not sure how much of a difference he actually makes. I still watch it though.

Probably one for the Pish Adverts thread, but the Morrison's ad just now with the wee shites gate-crashing the barbeque gets right on my tits.

They've got wee boys greeting each other with hugs and then walking away with their arms draped round each other.

When I was that age, if I'd done that to one of my mates, I'd have got my c**t kicked in and been given a nickname like "Poofy Dave" that would have stuck until I inevitably killed myself about the age of 22. 

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Probably one for the Pish Adverts thread, but the Morrison's ad just now with the wee shites gate-crashing the barbeque gets right on my tits.

They've got wee boys greeting each other with hugs and then walking away with their arms draped round each other.

When I was that age, if I'd done that to one of my mates, I'd have got my c**t kicked in and been given a nickname like "Poofy Dave" that would have stuck until I inevitably killed myself about the age of 22. 

The next time I see you, you know how the greeting will go?

BFTB likes this :ph34r:

I've finally got around to watching The Wire. For some reason I always had it in my head it was a British programme. Anyway, I'm hooked. I'm on episode 10 and gripped.

I have to say that comparing both first seasons, just now it's annihilating Breaking Bad in the Best TV Show debate, IMO.

On 14/08/2016 at 12:43, stumigoo said:

Hotel Hell has changed format slightly from previous series, I think it is a bit more unscripted but it is still vey much edited to bits to make it more 'shocking'. They used to have the big disclaimer at the end that basically said "what you have seen is not in the right order and most of it has been changed to add dramatic effect". I also remember reading an article where basically all of the hotels and restaurants Ramsay visited have since closed anyway so not sure how much of a difference he actually makes. I still watch it though.

I ate in a restaurant that had been on Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares before (not that I'd seen the show) and they seemed to be proud of the fact. Strange. I'm not sure if they had new owners or some such because it really was excellent.

20 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've finally got around to watching The Wire. For some reason I always had it in my head it was a British programme. Anyway, I'm hooked. I'm on episode 10 and gripped.

I have to say that comparing both first seasons, just now it's annihilating Breaking Bad in the Best TV Show debate, IMO.

I liked Breaking Bad but couldn't get into it as much as many others. The Wire though I thought was excellent. My othet half was the exact opposite. She thought it took too long to get going and didn't like it at all until about midway through season three. If you like it straight off the bat, you'll love it when it gets really, extraordinarily good.

On 14/08/2016 at 14:42, 19QOS19 said:

On 14/08/2016 at 13:15, KnightswoodBear said:

BFTB likes this :ph34r:

I didn't think much of it the first time round, thanks  :angry:

Just walked in and my missus is watching some pish called Ex on the beach. Can someone who genuinely enjoys this pish explain to me what enjoyment they get from watching staged arguments?

I've seen her watch Geordie Shore (and the numerous adverts) and this show seems to follow the same premise of these knuckledraggers by speaking alone in front of the camera narrating what the audience has just seen. They don't speak directly to the camera, they speak to somone who must be standing by the camera. My thoughts on this are that the poor fucker they are talking to must be paid an absolute fortune to listen to their scripted pish.

On 8/12/2016 at 08:44, C. Muir said:

'And you call them grilled hamburgers despite the fact that they are obviously boiled.'

On 12/08/2016 at 08:38, The Minertaur said:

Ramsays Hotel Hell - Gordon Ramsay goes to shite hotels in America and tries to talk sense to the owners and then helps do the place up. 

Love this programme.  Last night's episode was fantastic mainly due to how useless/moronic the manager is.  Always amazes me that these shows don't properly clean the rooms especially when they know he is visiting. 

Best part of the episode was the relaunch when the mayor was invited for dinner only for the manager to get the table number wrong and leave them sitting waiting for their food. We never saw if they even got their food!

Anybody else a fan? 

This was one of the first programmes he featured in, fucking magic.

All the episodes are on YouTube.