Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

The AO advert with the Scottish couple buying a new tele. Horrible.

A O - LET'S GO!

There's another advert with a couple buying a new electric oven for baking bread. Equally horrible

The one with Courteney and Tomas? We just watched it tonight. Horrid story.

That's the one, usually I don't get bothered by what's shown on telly but seeing the boy lying in bed pronounced braindead got me.

Anything - ANYTHING - that features that repulsive clown James Corden. There is nothing funny, amusing or entertaining at this moron who has absolutely inexplicably been hailed as a comedy God.

I really can't understand why he has a chat show in 'murica. He must have sooked some about of boaby to get that gig, as he seems to have no personality traits that would make him popular there. Apart from being overweight.

The current role-reversal fad in adverts, with adult children lecturing their parents. See the Philadelphia commercial, and the one where the laddie tries to bully his father into letting someone finger his arsehole. Everyone involved needs a good slap.

Also, the Nationwide advert where the gormless berk makes a contactless payment with a non-contactless card, on a terminal that doesn't take contactless payments.Shame the lassie from the bus didn't strangle him to death with his dad's scarf. Grr.

• 2 weeks later...

Jonathon Meades, who did a documentary about Scottish football and architecture a couple of years ago, has a new show about Mussolini and fascism on BBC4. Good to get to get a programme you actually have to concentrate on to follow. My main finding so far is that Mussolini bears a remarkable resemblance to Yogi Hughes, lately of ICTFC.

Just watched that. Meades is sum boi.

He keeps popping these wee lines in; "The extraordinary Lady Houston, a tireless horizontal who became one of the richest women in Britain, and an avid funder of anti-communist causes, owned a Belgian Griffon which she named Benito in honour of her hero."

• 2 weeks later...

The AO advert with the Scottish couple buying a new tele. Horrible.

Remember the good old days when any Scottish couple who wanted a telly would go to Glen's, Hutchison, Robertson and Stepek?

Remember the good old days when any Scottish couple who wanted a telly would go to Glen's, Hutchison, Robertson and Stepek?

Had to google these names...definitely not old enough. I'm from Fife mind. We just nick tele's...

Had to google these names...definitely not old enough. I'm from Fife mind. We just nick tele's...

Pretty sure there was one of those shops in Rosyth in the wee unit beside King's Road primary (the primary school for the tinks and retards that was forever in the shadow of it's much more illustrious neighbour across the road)

Edited by DA Baracus

Watched this on Youtube, (my thread, my rules) but thought Colbert was funnier when he did his spoof right wing thing. This isn't bad, but a bit too earnest for my liking. Everyone on American TV is trying to imitate Jon Stewart and can't quite pull it off, apart from John Oliver.