Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

I stumbled onto Last Light on Prime. 5 show miniseries about the armageddonish scenario where the oil supply suddenly stops globally, and how quickly society breaks down. I've watched the 1st 2 episodes so far, and it's ok.

Matthew Fox and Joanne Froggatt play the central couple.

Edited by Boghead ranter

On 07/06/2023 at 10:44, jimbaxters said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned already (too lazy to look) but Annika on BBC1. Set in Scotland but the way the male detective and the big boss woman speak is totally cringe. Roll every syllable around their mouth whilst speaking. It's not even that West End type of talking.

Got a out 15 mins in then decided,"nah,not for me"

Avoiding BT like the plague until the football starts and see that Ally McCoist is on the wheel. Gets dingyed until the last question though

11 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Avoiding BT like the plague until the football starts and see that Ally McCoist is on the wheel. Gets dingyed until the last question though

And just helps a woman from Edinburgh win 82 grand. What a man

11 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

You know how the BBC puts out sitcoms which exist seemingly inexplicably when compared with their quality, charm, humour, or admission from literally any human alive that they'd consider watching it?

Having just seen this trailer I was about to post the same. Fuck me, the trailer is meant to draw you in, to entice you to watch.

Catherine Tait caterwauling "me, me, me, me"...who the fuck wants to watch that?

10 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Having just seen this trailer I was about to post the same. f**k me, the trailer is meant to draw you in, to entice you to watch.

Catherine Tait caterwauling "me, me, me, me"...who the f**k wants to watch that?

I had to see it more than once to be sure it wasn't a horrible nightmare brought on by the heat.

Am incredibly late to the party but I've recently started watching Would I Lie To You, mainly due to the frequently used meme on P&B of Bob Mortimer reading from the card. Normally I detest celebrity-based game shows as rather than answer the question they try to outdo each other in being funny. But this is great. 

7 hours ago, Swarley said:

Am incredibly late to the party but I've recently started watching Would I Lie To You, mainly due to the frequently used meme on P&B of Bob Mortimer reading from the card. Normally I detest celebrity-based game shows as rather than answer the question they try to outdo each other in being funny. But this is great. 

David Mitchell's exasperation at having to deal with Bob Mortimer's stories is hilarious in itself.

Some of Bob's best moments:

44 minutes ago, printer said:

My favourite one.

They are all pretty good but the dentistry one is my favourite. 

Some of the non-comedians are terrible but they get ripped apart by Brydon and in particular Mack. Some of them turn out to be decent though.

Some of the better non-Bob Mortimer guests are Chris MacAusland, Richard Osman and especially Henning Wein.

I remember Kevin Bridges with an outrageous account of how he accidentally bought a horse while on holiday. David Mitchell didn't believe a word of it but it turned out to be true.

On 15/06/2023 at 18:20, Miguel Sanchez said:

You know how the BBC puts out sitcoms which exist seemingly inexplicably when compared with their quality, charm, humour, or admission from literally any human alive that they'd consider watching it?

Ah the talentless unflushable jobby Catherine Tait stinking the place out again, really can't stand her.

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Ah the talentless unflushable jobby Catherine Tait stinking the place out again, really can't stand her.

I have a visceral reaction to her. I think she must be a demon or something.

I had to stop watching the American version of The Office when she turned up towards the end and it became clear she was going to be a permanent addition to the cast. There's something so awful about her that it makes me feel ill. My nightmare is being forced to watch a chat show of her being interviewed by James Corden for eternity.

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Shortly before the apocalypse, there will be a TV announcement.

"And now, Catherine Tate and James Corden in their remake of the best of Mrs Brown's Boys"

Which TBF would make the apocalypse a blessed relief.