Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 12/05/2023 at 19:37, Shandon Par said:

The Muppets Mayhem. Get a free trial of Disney+ of you don’t have it.

Wasn’t totally sold on it at first but found it getting progressively funnier. 

A down on her luck girl at a struggling record company discovers that before The Electric Mayhem (the band featuring Dr Teeth, Animal, Janice and many others) went out on their never ending tour in the 1970s signed an album deal. To save her career she tracks down the band and persuades them to record an album.

There’s a section with Animal and one of these that’s possibly the funniest thing I’ve ever seen. 

image.jpeg.88097e4a47123592186b7a77fe3e879a.jpeg

were they still touring?

On 30/05/2023 at 05:58, IrishBhoy said:

The McDonalds advert where two women just start raising their eyebrows up and for some reason everyone in the office knows that means that they are going for a McDonalds. The full advert makes me feel genuinely unwell, but this particular still from the lift is maybe the worst thing I’ve ever seen on television.E1762226-16D6-4DB2-8908-366874ADEE9E.thumb.png.d9b70939d989e7e8ddc306ee77b7c1a5.png

They look A.I generated

1 hour ago, ScotiaNostra said:

I see Mad Men getting mentioned, I have never watched it. Is it the sort of series is good from Episode 1?

It's broadly the same from beginning to end. After finishing it yesterday I actually went through the thread for it on here and the consensus is it's something you need to see all of to fully appreciate. I think that's fair. It can be a bit ponderous, but it's worth watching. Probably more than once.

13 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It's broadly the same from beginning to end. After finishing it yesterday I actually went through the thread for it on here and the consensus is it's something you need to see all of to fully appreciate. I think that's fair. It can be a bit ponderous, but it's worth watching. Probably more than once.

I think I will give it a watch, thanks. Just not sure when. Its funny how sometimes I am in the mood to start a new series and can handle a slow build up over 1st season and other times I know if its not got me by first episode I wont watch any more no matter how good it may be. 

Mad men is a show you watch differently to most others. It is beautiful in its own way - the look and feel of it is fantastic. One of the few shows I felt immersed in the place - it really felt like I was in a journey through the 1960s. The drama is actually quite small and very human. It won't ever turn into Breaking Bad or 24. But the characters in it are really excellent - Roger Sterling is underappreciated, I have no idea why P&B isn't littered with gifs of him.

And it is slow - no getting away from it. Even when it is fast, it is slow. But...it is well worth it. I have seen it 3 times now, I think.

On 30/05/2023 at 03:58, IrishBhoy said:

The McDonalds advert where two women just start raising their eyebrows up and for some reason everyone in the office knows that means that they are going for a McDonalds. The full advert makes me feel genuinely unwell, but this particular still from the lift is maybe the worst thing I’ve ever seen on television.E1762226-16D6-4DB2-8908-366874ADEE9E.thumb.png.d9b70939d989e7e8ddc306ee77b7c1a5.png

I'd get IT to audit specky beardy's computer.

On 01/06/2023 at 16:59, Miguel Sanchez said:

Roger Sterling is an arse who only became tolerable in the later series because the women he ended up with were becoming more insane than him.

Or maybe

Words sterling roger GIF - Find on GIFER

That scene after the company merged and he got to sack the guy for the second time is one of my favourite TV scenes of all time. 

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Brian Turner on James Martin at the minute. His last appearance was painful viewing, but hes now revealing that he had had a stroke. 

Fair play to him like. 

I like Brian Turner, and have done ever since seeing an episode of Ready, Steady, Cook where the contestant brought him an utterly shite bag of ingredients, and he made absolutely no effort to hide his disgust for the entire programme

Don't know if it's been mentioned already (too lazy to look) but Annika on BBC1. Set in Scotland but the way the male detective and the big boss woman speak is totally cringe. Roll every syllable around their mouth whilst speaking. It's not even that West End type of talking.

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned already (too lazy to look) but Annika on BBC1. Set in Scotland but the way the male detective and the big boss woman speak is totally cringe. Roll every syllable around their mouth whilst speaking. It's not even that West End type of talking.

If it's the Jamie Sives character you're talking about, that's just the way he talks, he's been like that in everything I've seen him in (and I don't find it OTT).

The chief lassie I agree seems to be trying to revive the Taggart spirit.

As an aside, I watched this on Alibi a couple of years ago, can't believe BBC have revived it as a prime Saturday night show.