Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 26/08/2022 at 13:19, JustOneCornetto said:

Thought the first two episodes of the new series of Shetland were a bit slow and the red herrings were really obvious but episode 3 ramped things up and finished on a real cliffhanger. 

Were the earlier series written by the actual author good ?

Were they on a Sunday night ?

Shetland. Utter pish now, can tell there’s no book to base the screenplays off for the latter seasons. Plus they continue to have big sweeping panoramic views of Shetland then cut to scenes that have clearly been shot in the west end of Glasgow. Shouldn’t be any more seasons after this one.

18 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Shetland. Utter pish now, can tell there’s no book to base the screenplays off for the latter seasons. Plus they continue to have big sweeping panoramic views of Shetland then cut to scenes that have clearly been shot in the west end of Glasgow. Shouldn’t be any more seasons after this one.

The car chase scene in the last series there, view from perez and the crooks car, tight road, barely space either sidr of the car

Cuts to the helicopter view of the chase, its like a fucking dual carriageway they are on, then back to the incar view, road is back to being a shitty tight we road lol

8 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Shetland is dreadful.

Not one Shetland accent, legally illiterate dialogue, every character has one set of clothes, Perez is a shite polis who just accuses everyone and eventually has the answer revealed to him. 

I watched about 5 minutes of it once and I heard 2 Aberdeen accents, a Weegie accent and fuck knows what the other one was, but it wasn't Shetland, or Caitness, or Inverness, or anywhere north of Perth.

On 20/09/2022 at 21:32, The Naitch said:

Michael Palin in Iraq on Channel 5 is utterly fascinating. Much like his North Korea documentary a couple of years ago.

As someone who has been to 90% of the places he is going to in this series, I can vouch that it’s about the most authentic picture of the country you’ll get on that level.  Compare and contrast with the Top Gear nonsense from a few years ago.  

12 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Shetland is dreadful.

Not one Shetland accent, legally illiterate dialogue, every character has one set of clothes, Perez is a shite polis who just accuses everyone and eventually has the answer revealed to him. 

My wife has commented that their costume budget does look to be very limited.

Dont Hug Me I'm Scared has finally made it's transition from Web series to Channel 4.

Watched all 6 episodes on All4 and like the original, it lives rent free in my head. Was worried how it would translate from 8-12 minute web episodes to a 23 minute format but it works perfectly.

An amazing mixture of creepy, funny, surrealism and wonderful voice acting. It's not for everyone but I just love it!

If you've never seen it, go do the 6 web episodes first. You don't really need to but you'll fully understand a lot of the easter eggs in it if you do.