Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Me and my wife started watching Echoes on Netflix last night.

Two twin sisters regularly swap lives for months at a time, then one of them goes missing.

The critical reception hasn't been great but we enjoyed the first episode.

I tried this show as well. Cheese-grater-to-the-helmet bad.

He did the full 6 minutes of the Ricky Gervais bit.

I thought it was shite when I saw it live and still do.

Other than that it was his usual masterful self.

Anyone who can stand more should tune in next week for "Tornado". A pity it wasn't recorded at the Kings in Glasgow as I shouted out and made the fat cunt laugh.

How to with John Wilson, I'm feeling a bit under the weather so here's a brief description stolen from an online review -Each week Wilson takes an idea or prompt and tells a story in voiceover, using an extraordinary collage of footage taken from the streets of New York City.

On 02/09/2022 at 13:56, scottsdad said:

I tried this show as well. Cheese-grater-to-the-helmet bad.

We're four episodes in now.

It's not *too* bad but is nothing special.

Seems to not know if it wants to be a mystery, thriller or whodunit.

On 04/09/2022 at 23:46, Arch Stanton said:

He did the full 6 minutes of the Ricky Gervais bit.

I thought it was shite when I saw it live and still do.

Other than that it was his usual masterful self.

Anyone who can stand more should tune in next week for "Tornado". A pity it wasn't recorded at the Kings in Glasgow as I shouted out and made the fat c**t laugh.

Lee is about the only comedian I would go out of my way to see..

This was decent - not only did he do the Gervais bit, but he used the 'go on about something for too long' device more than once with the 'this is a true story bit'.

It's a device that we've come to expect, but secretly wish he wouldn't bother with, tbh.

4 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Lee is about the only comedian I would go out of my way to see..

This was decent - not only did he do the Gervais bit, but he used the 'go on about something for too long' device more than once with the 'this is a true story bit'.

It's a device that we've come to expect, but secretly wish he wouldn't bother with, tbh.

He quoted a review which said the "Ricky Gervais" bit went on too long which implies it has an acceptable length.

On 05/09/2022 at 00:06, Arch Stanton said:

How the f**k does that mutant Andrew Collins get on every one of those "50 best/worst" shows that proliferate C4 and 5?

As Nikki Graham would say "who is he?"

"WHO IS HE?"

I remember him as half of Collins and Maconie (the other half being Stuart Maconie). 
In saying that I don’t remember what Collins and Maconie were known for. I think either or both of a sub Mark and Lard radio show and a bit about films on a youth magazine tv show.

I once saw Stuart Maconie at a motorway services and struggled to explain to the Mrs who he was then. “Off of programs like “I love 1985”” was the best I could do.

On 05/09/2022 at 09:22, stevieKTID said:

How to with John Wilson, I'm feeling a bit under the weather so here's a brief description stolen from an online review -Each week Wilson takes an idea or prompt and tells a story in voiceover, using an extraordinary collage of footage taken from the streets of New York City.

Saw that the other night and looking forward to the rest. Very hard to describe but top notch slow telly. 

11 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Saw that the other night and looking forward to the rest. Very hard to describe but top notch slow telly. 

Finished season 1 last night and I absolutely love it.

Like you say it's hard to describe, it's funny and bit surreal and at times, the end of the season is quite moving.

NYC is some place I'll need to get myself back over at some point. 

19 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Finished season 1 last night and I absolutely love it.

Like you say it's hard to describe, it's funny and bit surreal and at times, the end of the season is quite moving.

NYC is some place I'll need to get myself back over at some point. 

It randomly reminded me of elements of Nick Brookfield, Michael Moore, Malcolm Gladwell and Toast of London.