Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

49 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
On 28/04/2022 at 22:34, Arch Stanton said:
When you're watching something on All4, such as Taskmaster, it gets to an ad break and you press the FF button.
"Programme resumes in 3.59"
f**k off!

Subscribed for this very reason.

Aye but the thing is, on "live" C4, they don't show any adverts between 1am and 8am...an excellent policy.

The programmes still have breaks but only for about 30-60s and only highlight upcoming C4 shows.

Since I usually watch All4 during those hours It's annoying (see thread title) that they don't adopt that same policy and at 4 in the morning I have to watch 4 minutes of adverts.

Jane McDonald cruising to Florida. Had the misfortune to catch this for the first time as Mrs Boo put her foot down after i'd watched 12 hours of sport. Still had MLS on the laptop but couldn't get the sound of it out my ears. Some old bint who sounds like she should be in coronation st gets a free ride to a holiday of luxury and rub it into the watching oiks who could never afford such a trip. For some inexplicable reason she has to mention Yorkshire every two minutes amongst her fucking brutal patter. Then to top it off the final scene is her walking on the beach while miming to some pish song. Anyway...back to the baseball.

2 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Jane McDonald cruising to Florida. Had the misfortune to catch this for the first time as Mrs Boo put her foot down after i'd watched 12 hours of sport. Still had MLS on the laptop but couldn't get the sound of it out my ears. Some old bint who sounds like she should be in coronation st gets a free ride to a holiday of luxury and rub it into the watching oiks who could never afford such a trip. For some inexplicable reason she has to mention Yorkshire every two minutes amongst her fucking brutal patter. Then to top it off the final scene is her walking on the beach while miming to some pish song. Anyway...back to the baseball.

I stumbled upon her for the first time a while back, and had to have somebody explain to me who she was. I still couldn't work out why she was famous, so I looked on Wiki and the answer was, of course, Nineties reality TV, like every other awful thing that's happened in the past quarter of a century.

Pretty sure they'll eventually track COVID down to a reality TV show in the Hubei province. Did Putin take over Russia by winning Moscow's Got Talent?

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I stumbled upon her for the first time a while back, and had to have somebody explain to me who she was. I still couldn't work out why she was famous, so I looked on Wiki and the answer was, of course, Nineties reality TV, like every other awful thing that's happened in the past quarter of a century.

Pretty sure they'll eventually track COVID down to a reality TV show in the Hubei province. Did Putin take over Russia by winning Moscow's Got Talent?

Greenie for the first paragraph.

11 hours ago, BFTD said:

Zelinsky won the Ukrainian version of Strictly in 2006.

On 29/04/2022 at 09:52, stevieKTID said:

Just finished season 1 of Severance, set mainly in a shadowy biotech company called Lumon industries where employees have a chip installed that separates their work and home life, it's weird, dark, creepy and at times funny and uplifting.

Great cast including Adam Scott, Patricia Arquette, John Turturro and Christopher Walken.

It's a slow burner but I absolutely loved it, can't wait for the second season.

This. It was excellent. Has the second season been confirmed? 

On 28/04/2022 at 22:34, Arch Stanton said:

When you're watching something on All4, such as Taskmaster, it gets to an ad break and you press the FF button.

"Programme resumes in 3.59"

f**k off!

Quoting myself (I know) but I've discovered Taskmaster is on my IPTV.

I'm currently watching S7 (Acaster, Wang etc) and there's no adverts.

Up yours All4!!!

Sorry to get all retro, but I've been putting off re-watching House MD until I had it on Blu-Ray. That ain't happening any time soon, so I'm working back through my old DVDs, and it's even better than I remembered. One of the best things ever on TV.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

Sorry to get all retro, but I've been putting off re-watching House MD until I had it on Blu-Ray. That ain't happening any time soon, so I'm working back through my old DVDs, and it's even better than I remembered. One of the best things ever on TV.

Great programme. Hugh Laurie sent in an audition tape while he was filming the remake of Flight of the Phoenix. The show creator didn't realise he wasn't a real American.