Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

It has its own thread and you need Sky Atlantic, and the ability to read subtitles (even in Italy folk need subtitles as it’s in such heavy local slang) but if you have the ability to watch Gomorrah then do so.

It’s easily the most cinematic show I’ve ever seen, to the extent that it spoils my enjoyment of many films as the production values are so naff compared to it. Everyone in the show is despicable, there are no laughs, no goodies, and if there are then they’re soon unceremoniously bumped off. 

Season 5 probably getting the most publicity of all, just as the show is ending. It gets shown in cinemas in Italy, such is the following. 

Been watching The Cockfields with that Joe Wilkinson with Sue Johnston, Gregor Fisher,  Nigel Havers, and Susannah Fielding - the latter as the ideal girlfriend who's always got your back. 

There's another guy who's mastered the art of the nervous smile - don't know who he is. 

There's a good bit in the Christmas special where not an audible on-screen word is heard for a full two minutes, but it's just all facial expressions and good acting without anyone doing very much. 

One of those gentle, heartwarming feelgood sitcoms - probably quite lame, but I've quite liked it. 

6ytkA5oNYpyv.gif

Edited by paranoid android

I Literally Just Told You
Jimmy Carr (produced by Richard Bacon) asks seemingly normal guests incredibly simple questions about stuff they have just been told. Carr reduced to tears, on his knees at times at the stupidity of the contestants. 

I have tried watching this and at home it is relatively easy to remember the answers. But i think i would struggle under the pressure of being in the studio. Although I wouldn’t mutter the phrase “what can i say that won’t make me look like an eejit” and then answer “mars” to a question about someone eating a sandwich.

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I Literally Just Told You

Jimmy Carr (produced by Richard Bacon) asks seemingly normal guests incredibly simple questions about stuff they have just been told. Carr reduced to tears, on his knees at times at the stupidity of the contestants. 

Further to this, what on earth has happened to Jimmy Carr's face?

5 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Further to this, what on earth has happened to Jimmy Carr's face?

Last week's show said he'd had 26 Botox injections.

As for this week, the woman in the wheelchair who whooped every time she got a question right really got on my nerves.