Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 20/11/2021 at 19:26, Wee Bully said:

Too much moaning on here.

Just binged Crime on BritBox.  Brilliant TV, even if the Edinburgh accent grates…. 

Watched first episode and the accents are horrendous. I take it that isn’t Dougray Scott’s real accent?

The Macclesfield documentary is what a third series of The Office could have been.

Only just watched it last night. thought the new owner seemed genuinely quite a decent sort, and his PA\Project Manger too.
It’s just a shame that the whole programme about the revival of the club centred around Robbie Savage. I’ve no axe to grind with the guy or the right to dismiss his involvement and efforts in rebuilding the club and team (whatever they were), but there is something that is just thoroughly unlikable about him. Did Rob Smethurst see some mileage in his PR value to the re-launch, because it certainly wasn’t for his character and personality? Such a fragile ego, yet completely unaware and thick skinned at the same time, if that’s possible.
It was more cringeworthy than a third series of the office could ever have been. Almost wish I could un-watch it, but it’s done now![emoji15]

On 23/11/2021 at 22:02, CRS111 said:

Watched first episode and the accents are horrendous. I take it that isn’t Dougray Scott’s real accent?

Same. Watched the first one last night. 

Aside from the weird accents, I wasn't overly impressed with the faux-Scots patter. I've never heard anyone speaking like these people do. 

Will stick with it as it got better as the episode went on.

Same. Watched the first one last night. 
Aside from the weird accents, I wasn't overly impressed with the faux-Scots patter. I've never heard anyone speaking like these people do. 
Will stick with it as it got better as the episode went on.
Finished it last night and enjoyed it overall but the accents are indeed brutal. Then son told me him and neighbours got letters prior to filming that BBC wanted to use houses and gardens in his area of Renfrew for filming. He never heard back but spotted his area from episode 4 onwards and Paisley Woodside Crematorium in last one. Also spotted lanes in Park Gardens in Glasgow.

Watching a Clint Eastwood film on C5 I haven't heard of called Hang 'Em High, first film he made after his Sergio Leone spaghetti westerns. The cast is full of Hollywood regulars, bit surprised I haven't seen it before, maybe it died a death at the box office. Does seem a bit old fashioned for 1968.

Watching a Clint Eastwood film on C5 I haven't heard of called Hang 'Em High, first film he made after his Sergio Leone spaghetti westerns. The cast is full of Hollywood regulars, bit surprised I haven't seen it before, maybe it died a death at the box office. Does seem a bit old fashioned for 1968.

I've never watched it but I was well aware of it. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it if you like the spaghetti westerns.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've never watched it but I was well aware of it. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it if you like the spaghetti westerns.

They're trying to copy the spaghetti Ennio Morricone soundtracks and failing miserably. Not bad but Clint has to work on varying his scowl.

Edited by welshbairn

I agree with Variety. Apart from the "poor Italian-made imitation" bit.

The film became a major success after release in August 1968, and with an opening-day revenue of $5,241 in Baltimore alone, it became the biggest United Artists opening in history, exceeding all of the James Bond films at that time.[15] It debuted at number five on Variety's weekly survey of top films and had recouped production expenses within two weeks of screening.[15] It eventually grossed $6.8 million in the U.S.[3] It was widely praised by critics, including Arthur Winsten of the New York Post, who described Hang 'Em High as "a Western of quality, courage, danger and excitement."[13] Variety gave the film a negative review, calling it "a poor American-made imitation of a poor Italian-made imitation of an American-made western."[16]

Edited by welshbairn

Jason Bourne on Film4 +1 . Why doesn't he ever just arrange a quiet cup of tea with the people he needs to talk to when he's off grid? Can't be that difficult and it would save all that running about and collateral damage.

On 25/11/2021 at 15:13, Clockwork said:

Only just watched it last night. thought the new owner seemed genuinely quite a decent sort, and his PA\Project Manger too.
It’s just a shame that the whole programme about the revival of the club centred around Robbie Savage. I’ve no axe to grind with the guy or the right to dismiss his involvement and efforts in rebuilding the club and team (whatever they were), but there is something that is just thoroughly unlikable about him. Did Rob Smethurst see some mileage in his PR value to the re-launch, because it certainly wasn’t for his character and personality? Such a fragile ego, yet completely unaware and thick skinned at the same time, if that’s possible.
It was more cringeworthy than a third series of the office could ever have been. Almost wish I could un-watch it, but it’s done now!emoji15.png

It was like Big Ron Manager when Ron Arkinson goes in as a consultant at Peterborough and basically tales over. Hilarious stuff all round.

Just watched Greta on BBC 1. Imagine my disappointment when it wasn't a biopic of the Swedish young lady trying to save the planet, but about a French psycho in New York who ends up left locked in a box of cuddly toys by a scale model of the Arc de Triomphe.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Ya fucking dancer. Succession and now this!! Delighted by this particualr thing that delights me on the telly.

Jesse Gemstone opening his prayer with "Good afternoon Jesus". Perfect. 

Forgot how much of this show is just guys with their wee dicks out anaw.