Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Bob's Burgers started from the beginning again last night. It's brilliant. You should watch it.

This is your new "Glenn Hoddle" like obsession, isn't it?

Is there a part where it really takes off? I've watched the first few episodes and enjoyed it, just not enough to binge it. I've had that with a few of my favourite sitcom's though; I struggle a bit with S1 but then it grabs me from about S2 onwards and then I go back to S1 and appreciate it better.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

This is your new "Glenn Hoddle" like obsession, isn't it?

Is there a part where it really takes off? I've watched the first few episodes and enjoyed it, just not enough to binge it. I've had that with a few of my favourite sitcom's though; I struggle a bit with S1 but then it grabs me from about S2 onwards and then I go back to S1 and appreciate it better.

Bob's Burgers should be on television.

Going by the list of episodes it looks like S3 before it starts being consistently great. Over the first years it was on they always had trouble getting renewed by Fox to make new episodes, so a lot of the time they put the best episodes at the end of series so they were fresher in peoples' minds and more likely to get picked up. It's not always laugh out loud funny beginning to end every episode (and some of the singing ones lean to heavily on that imo) but there's always some laughs and the family relationships between all five of them are always endearing and just as important as the laughs.

It's a programme filled with puns and fart jokes and I don't hate it. If that doesn't make people want to watch it nothing will.

Caught a fascinating programme tonight, particularly for Horse Racing fans & Gambling aficionados.
‘Barney Curley, The Man Who Beat The Bookies’ and the legendary 1975 Betting Coup at Bellewstown Racecourse, Co Meath. (Yellow Sam @20/1). Still available on BBC 1 Northern Ireland on the iPlayer. Some life story and well worth a watch.

On 02/11/2021 at 18:23, Miguel Sanchez said:

Bob's Burgers should be on television.

Going by the list of episodes it looks like S3 before it starts being consistently great. Over the first years it was on they always had trouble getting renewed by Fox to make new episodes, so a lot of the time they put the best episodes at the end of series so they were fresher in peoples' minds and more likely to get picked up. It's not always laugh out loud funny beginning to end every episode (and some of the singing ones lean to heavily on that imo) but there's always some laughs and the family relationships between all five of them are always endearing and just as important as the laughs.

It's a programme filled with puns and fart jokes and I don't hate it. If that doesn't make people want to watch it nothing will.

turns out this was nonsense, 7th episode ever being the one where Linda turns their house into a B&B and puts Teddy into Louise's room

YARN | Teddy. Making jokes, covered with bugs. | Bob's Burgers (2011) -  S01E07 | Video gifs by quotes | 88296bff | 紗

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

Just watched Red Riding which is new on BritBox.  How on earth did I miss this first time round?
Amazing cast, brilliant acting and some of the darkest TV I’ve seen.  Unbelievable. 
Red Riding is superb, but it's a very hard watch. I really enjoyed the books as well, but I appreciate that David Peace's writing style is not for everyone

17 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
On 05/11/2021 at 22:24, Wee Bully said:
Just watched Red Riding which is new on BritBox.  How on earth did I miss this first time round?
Amazing cast, brilliant acting and some of the darkest TV I’ve seen.  Unbelievable. 

Red Riding is superb, but it's a very hard watch. I really enjoyed the books as well, but I appreciate that David Peace's writing style is not for everyone

I really enjoyed the Damned United (book) by Pearce which I read before I saw the film.  I now need to read the books, as I see there are 4 of them and one didn’t make it into the programme.

Riveting, and also really difficult to watch at times.  

On 06/11/2021 at 22:12, The Naitch said:

The 80s: Music's Greatest Decade? on BBC Two. Really good four part series about, well, you can guess from the title. Well worth catching up on.

It’s really good. Me and Mrs hade watched a few episodes. 

The two new daytime quizzes that started today, The Tournament and Moneybags are both pretty shit although Moneybags will probably improve over time.

However the absolute dugshite of daytime quizzes, Lingo is also back. 

Never has the phrase "think of how stupid the average person is then realise half of all people are more stupid than that" ever been more apt for the contestants on that show.

The two new daytime quizzes that started today, The Tournament and Moneybags are both pretty shit although Moneybags will probably improve over time.
However the absolute dugshite of daytime quizzes, Lingo is also back. 
Never has the phrase "think of how stupid the average person is then realise half of all people are more stupid than that" ever been more apt for the contestants on that show.

I don't think there is or ever has been a television quiz that makes me shout at my tele more than Lingo. Folk continuing to play letters that they know aren't in the puzzle sends me into a rage.