Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Accused: Innocent or Guilty is back on the Crime & investigation channel tonight.

I hate it when people say "if you like X, you'll love Y" but I'm going to do it here:

If you like 24 Hours in Police Custody, you'll love this. Follows the trial of a person accused of a crime in the US. In the first series there was a girl who was 13 when a neighbour was murdered. years later she was arrested as her fingerprint was found at the crime scene on some duct tape - she got sent down for 60 years. That one was a shocker as the evidence was flimsy - her grandfather (who she lived with) did work at the victim's house. 

Having to spend a lot of time at my Ma's these days.

Finding Gogglebox surprisingly likeable. 

On the down side, I find myself catching bits of River City - it actually offends me how bad it is - the sheer low quality of the scripts and the acting continue to shock. 

It's got so bad that that Roisin isn't the most bizarre thing in it. 

On 27/09/2021 at 20:30, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Saw Mad Men mentioned earlier. The wife has been watching for what seems to have been half her life. I watched one episode the other day and I think about 6 words were said, 8 fags were smoked and f**k all happened.  Now wonder these programmes are on for 150 series.

That must have been a quiet episode then - I'd say the normal count would be nearer ten times that, added to half a dozen bottles of whisky, in work time.

On 15/10/2021 at 14:25, paranoid android said:

Having to spend a lot of time at my Ma's these days.

Finding Gogglebox surprisingly likeable. 

On the down side, I find myself catching bits of River City - it actually offends me how bad it is - the sheer low quality of the scripts and the acting continue to shock. 

It's got so bad that that Roisin isn't the most bizarre thing in it. 

There for the Roisin.

Youre only there for the Roisin.

There for the Rooooooisin.

You're only there for the Rooooisin.

Spoiler

Joyce%20Falconer

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

On 27/09/2021 at 20:30, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Saw Mad Men mentioned earlier. The wife has been watching for what seems to have been half her life. I watched one episode the other day and I think about 6 words were said, 8 fags were smoked and f**k all happened. 

Sounds like life chez Mullarkey. 

21 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The BBC, having spent two weeks devoting all their shows to advertising the Bond movie, have moved to devoting their shows to advertising Adele's new album. 

This is what they do these days - blanket coverage of the latest Marvel movies as well.

But there's no advertising on the BBC. :rolleyes:

c***s.

The very recent trend of suspending the broadcast of tv shows due to events in the news. 

They're all at it. Sky, bbc and itv. What do they think they're achieving? :rolleyes:

Last night's Accused: Guilty or Innocent was a weird one. CI channel on a Tuesday night.

A baby boy has seizures, and the police arrest the boy's dad for shaken baby syndrome, accusing him of first degree child abuse. If found guilty he could get life in jail. Add to that, the dad subsequently had a motorbike accident and suffered a brain injury himself. 

Lots of back and forth - the prosecutors offered a plea deal that would mean no jail time, then withdrew it. Then reinstated it partly. 

It is a fascinating show. I've said it before here but it is a gripping hour of TV as you don't know what the verdict of the court case will be. As for how last night ended...

Spoiler

The dad pleaded no context to second degree child abuse. Jail for 8 months, and 2 years probation. 

The show finished with him and his wife crying their eyes out. "I can't believe I'm going to jail for a crime I didn't commit"..."Now I'll always be known as a child abuser" and the like.

Edited by scottsdad
cannot spell for toffee today