Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 08/08/2021 at 11:31, Hedgecutter said:

"Isn't the British countryside / coast beautiful" type programmes are grinding my gears just now.  Must have reached saturation point a few years ago.

You know what we really need just now? More NC500.

Is like to see Anne Lundon and Sophie Wallace (STV) do a NC500 programme. Preferably when the weather was really really hot and they had to wear T-shirts all the time. And then it rained at random points.

Jonnie Peacock's Blade Camp. (Channel 4)

Pretty wholesome TV that should probably be on an earlier time slot.

Yer man from the paralympics helping some amputee kids to get used to their prosthetics and get back into sports they enjoyed before their amputations. Comes across as a very sound guy. Reckon it'll be worth following this.

Suranne Jones in her underwear.

Has that got your attention?

"I Am"  Channel 4. The first episode of the second series featured Ms Jones last Thursday and is available on their All 4 player. It's quite a watch.

28 minutes ago, sophia said:

Suranne Jones in her underwear.

Has that got your attention?

"I Am"  Channel 4. The first episode of the second series featured Ms Jones last Thursday and is available on their All 4 player. It's quite a watch.

The missus put this on. Managed about half before she turned it off, declaring it shite. 

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The missus put this on. Managed about half before she turned it off, declaring it shite. 

Each to their own.

Although it was fairly obvious what was going to unfold, I found that the second half ratcheted my anxiety levels so I guess I was transfixed by the drama.

On 17/08/2021 at 11:09, scottsdad said:

A new show on tonight called Annika. 

Nicola Walker playing (surprise surprise) a detective. Britain's most wooden actress. 

I quite liked it , found it a wee bit quirky , I'll definitely watch it again 

On 17/08/2021 at 11:09, scottsdad said:

A new show on tonight called Annika. 

Nicola Walker playing (surprise surprise) a detective. Britain's most wooden actress. 

I would have said Thora Birch, but unfortunately she's not British.

Kirsty Wark interviewing Aamer Anwar in the Sub Club about house and rave music has to be the most BBC Scotlandshire thing i've ever seen.

Stuart Braithwaithe praising Arab Strap and the Proclaimers for singing in their own accent after a clip from the 90s demonstrating how much his accent has changed is another belter.