Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 03/06/2021 at 10:18, Elric said:

Greg Wallace's Weekends  WOW   WOW - interesting to see the places he is visiting WOW but listening to this Fu..ard is hard going WOW. Seriously do not know how he is flavour of the month with so many programmes.

Been battering through some stuff in the last few weeks.

Big Sky is the one that really annoyed the f**k out of me. Got off to a good start and just went further and further into the depths of idiocy, and just didn't let up at all. I really tried to keep going, but I had to give up about two thirds of the way in.

Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous has been just solid fun up to this point though. Fun, if slightly annoying characters, an outstanding dinosaur sidekick and a fairly straightforward formula to each season makes it an easy watch.

LOVED Mare of Easttown.

One thing that really annoys me on TV is how few people have their phone on silent and how they always do actual phone calls and listen to voicemails. 

it’s normally done to aid the movement of the plot but it isn’t realistic. People just send a WhatsApp.

9 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:
I really enjoyed Time, excellent acting from Bean and Graham and the usual high quality writing from McGovern.

You know what you're getting with those three but aye, it was very good. He never sugar coats things, does Jimmy.

The grass got sugar coated.

Rewatching Malcom in the Middle. Used to watch it when I was a kid and always enjoyed it, pretty sure I remember it ending too, probably episodes I missed out but watching them all back now and it's brilliant, deffo my favourite child friendly sorta comedy. 

You can really tell how good of an actor Hal is, I swear in one episode when he was meant to be raging he pulled off the perfect Walter White evil face, you can almost imagine the casters seeing that and making the call.

13 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Rewatching Malcom in the Middle. Used to watch it when I was a kid and always enjoyed it, pretty sure I remember it ending too, probably episodes I missed out but watching them all back now and it's brilliant, deffo my favourite child friendly sorta comedy. 

You can really tell how good of an actor Hal is, I swear in one episode when he was meant to be raging he pulled off the perfect Walter White evil face, you can almost imagine the casters seeing that and making the call.

Vince Gilligan actually had reservations about casting Cranston as White, due to the fact that he played a comedy character for so long on MITM.  Apparently he wrote and starred in a X-Files episode that convinced Gilligan he was the right man for portraying White.

Do you know if there's a Youtube clip of the scene you mention?  Would be good to see.

30 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Vince Gilligan actually had reservations about casting Cranston as White, due to the fact that he played a comedy character for so long on MITM.  Apparently he wrote and starred in a X-Files episode that convinced Gilligan he was the right man for portraying White.

Do you know if there's a Youtube clip of the scene you mention?  Would be good to see.

Oh cool that's pretty interesting, would be worth watching that episode of X Files too. 

Nah, couldn't tell you what scene it was, had a quick look on YT and there's loads of videos of people putting up their favourite wee scenes. On a sidenote there's already been quite a few random actors and actresses that have went on to bigger things, I managed to spot Cam from Modern Family in 1 episode as an exterminator or something similar. 

One thing that really annoys me on TV is how few people have their phone on silent and how they always do actual phone calls and listen to voicemails. 

it’s normally done to aid the movement of the plot but it isn’t realistic. People just send a WhatsApp.

Normally I agree but

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Seinfeld. Worth getting into? 

It was all on All4 at one point, might still be. I tried a few episodes from different points in the run. Largely mediocre. A couple of actual laughs, which is better than most sitcoms. It's quite cynical and mean in a way that i can't think of many US sitcoms being before then; i think it's reputation is more from being novel and influential than funny. That jaunty slap bass incidental music makes me want to kill. I wouldn't recommend it.