Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Reel Stories (download from BBC). Dermot O’Leary chats to Dave Grohl. Grohl comes across as the nicest man in rock/maybe the world and it’s almost like an interview with one of the disciples. Don’t think he’ll ever get over the fact that he was in Nirvana. Jesus never came out with anything as miraculous as Sliver, Smells Like.. etc. Joyful and sad watching in equal measures. 

Edited by Abby Normal

Finding Jack - BBC Two

Superb documentary about Jack Charlton. Mainly about his time as Ireland gaffer but also jumping between that and his dementia battles before he passed.

Well worth catching on the iPlayer.

8 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

Reel Stories (download from BBC). Dermot O’Leary chats to Dave Grohl. Grohl comes across as the nicest man in rock/maybe the world and it’s almost like an interview with one of the disciples. Don’t think he’ll ever get over the fact that he was in Nirvana. Jesus never came out with anything as miraculous as Sliver, Smells Like.. etc. Joyful and sad watching in equal measures. 

got that on my tablet to watch at work. Any interview i have seen Grohl do he does come across as a great dude 

got that on my tablet to watch at work. Any interview i have seen Grohl do he does come across as a great dude 
Agreed. Really enjoyed the episode of Brian Johnsons series where they hang out at DG studio and the story behind its design.

On 26/03/2021 at 19:59, Stormzy said:

I'm going to guess I've missed The Circle thread otherwise you guys have some seriously poor taste in shite reality tv shows. 

The army bird is perhaps the biggest Wid on the planet. 

I love the show but I really dont like how quickly they've went for the virtue signalling type of thing, I want the most devious machiavellian people ever but instead they have someone pretending to be in the NHS whilst also agreeing to give half the winnings to charity...

I would go full lifetime cancellation. 

I must admit, really wasn't keen on the whole two Tally thing. Seemed a bit messed up to me, playing with her mental emotions. 

13 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

I must admit, really wasn't keen on the whole two Tally thing. Seemed a bit messed up to me, playing with her mental emotions. 

Aye I did think it was a little bit direct, would have been uncomfortable for her for sure, you'd hope with these tv shows they are psychologically assessed and what with how bad and exploitative this stuff used to be I'd be surprised if they didn't all completely know what they're singing up for and have check ins off camera etc. 

I'm enjoying this season a lot more than the last one. 

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Aye I did think it was a little bit direct, would have been uncomfortable for her for sure, you'd hope with these tv shows they are psychologically assessed and what with how bad and exploitative this stuff used to be I'd be surprised if they didn't all completely know what they're singing up for and have check ins off camera etc. 

I'm enjoying this season a lot more than the last one. 

I did do a bit of reading into it, and it seems that they will wake them up throughout the night to do certain tasks or whatever. 

Definitely the bitchiest series so far, cannot wait for Manrika and Felix to meet. 

2 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

I did do a bit of reading into it, and it seems that they will wake them up throughout the night to do certain tasks or whatever. 

Definitely the bitchiest series so far, cannot wait for Manrika and Felix to meet. 

I'm not a fan of Manrika at all. I am a massive, massive fan of "Felix" though... 

f**k being woken up in the middle of the night too, do it during the day! That would definitely psychologically stress me out more. 

My favourite fact is that for the US one they actually flew them over to Salford to the same set. Imagine leaving the US to spend a month in flats in Salford 😂

ETA - Just watched last nights episode. I won't go into detail because of potential spoilers but the confrontation is what I've been wanting for a while. Said a lot of what I think. 

Edited by Stormzy

On 29/03/2021 at 22:24, stanton said:

Finding Jack Charlton , excellent stuff 

I watched it on the BBC iPlayer and I agree.

Charlton's indulgence of Paul McGrath was touching and whereas he said himself that football is cynical, whatever, for a man of his type, he was years ahead of his time. He may even have saved Mcgrath's life.

The juxtaposition of McGrath and his relationship with his brother Bobby and one or two others that he wouldn't or couldn't reconcile with was fascinating.

His role as Ireland awakes was compelling and on a completely different level, it's not every day that you see a member of a world cup winning team stark naked and strutting.

10 minutes ago, sophia said:

I watched it on the BBC iPlayer and I agree.

Charlton's indulgence of Paul McGrath was touching and whereas he said himself that football is cynical, whatever, for a man of his type, he was years ahead of his time. He may even have saved Mcgrath's life.

The juxtaposition of McGrath and his relationship with his brother Bobby and one or two others that he wouldn't or couldn't reconcile with was fascinating.

His role as Ireland awakes was compelling and on a completely different level, it's not every day that you see a member of a world cup winning team stark naked and strutting.

I think he felt that his brother had turned his back on his roots and he never really forgave him for that , it was fairly obvious that he could be very stubborn at times , a fascinating character though 

Anyone watch the Louis Theroux documentary about the Tiger King guy last night? It just made me very glad that I don't have Netflix and have never seen any of these massive cultural phenomenon porgrammes.
Started it earlier but the Mrs hadn't seen Tiger King so we're watching that. It's fantastic television tbh. Filled with horrible and crazy people. That it's real life and not a drama series is quite incredible.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
Anyone watch the Louis Theroux documentary about the Tiger King guy last night? It just made me very glad that I don't have Netflix and have never seen any of these massive cultural phenomenon porgrammes.

Started it earlier but the Mrs hadn't seen Tiger King so we're watching that. It's fantastic television tbh. Filled with horrible and crazy people. That it's real life and not a drama series is quite incredible.

Sounds to me like the programme itself is much more drama than real life.

I thought Tiger King was really boring.
I didn’t even make it to the second episode. 
You're hardly in the best position to judge it then? A lot of shows/documentaries I've watched don't start with a bang.

Tiger King was great fun. Didn't think the Theroux documentary was one of his best, though, largely as he was denied access to many of the key parties. Probably worth watching for balance if you've seen Tiger King, this is definitely more on Baskin's side, whereas Tiger King was quite pro-Exotic.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa