Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Aye it was great when it was on.  2006?  Think it was around then. Phil Glenister was so good in it. I didn't bother with the spin off.

Ashes to Ashes grew on you as it went (plus it had Keeley Hawes in it to perv over).

The final episode was the most moving piece of fiction telly I'd seen since the episode of ER that Dr Greene died in.

On 22/11/2020 at 00:24, 19QOS19 said:

Saw Michael McIntyre in Carlisle before he became 'big'. He was actually quite funny. I really can't stomach his stand-up now. His main go to seems to be bouncing his hair up and down. He also comes across as a complete c**t.

I think all comedians have a short shelf-life.

I don't think there is an initially good comedian who has burst onto the scenes who I haven't ended up finding irritating within a few years.

The fact they all rotate around awful panel shows makes it worse as well.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

Ashes to Ashes grew on you as it went (plus it had Keeley Hawes in it to perv over).
The final episode was the most moving piece of fiction telly I'd seen since the episode of ER that Dr Greene died in.
I agree that the ending of Ashes to Ashes was great

On 22/11/2020 at 08:42, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It’s tremendous. Love a bit of NHK world. Probably massive Japanese govt propaganda but it’s very relaxing. Watched a great programme about folk growing sesame seeds the other day. 

Another fan of NHK World here. If it’s propaganda it’s worked on me.

Mystery of DB Cooper on BB4 iplayer. There's no fucking mystery, he hijacked the plane in the morning, the dopey air hostess didn't bother reading his note until the plane was taking off, by the time they landed again, picked up the money, and took off again, it was dark, in the winter, and the silly c**t jumped out over a forest with a parachute without being able to see anything. Dead man and the money's rotted. Next mystery please.

I think all comedians have a short shelf-life.
I don't think there is an initially good comedian who has burst onto the scenes who I haven't ended up finding irritating within a few years.
The fact they all rotate around awful panel shows makes it worse as well.

Stewart Lee is the only one I think I can still watch. Not sure if Simon Amstell chucked it in favour of doing other projects but I really the couple of shows he did.

The New Pope is every bit as good as the it’s predecessor, The Young Pope, the best show of 2017. All the same features that made the original series so utterly compelling yet this time they’ve added John Malkovich wearing eyeliner and speaking in an English accent.

The Valhalla Murders BBC 4 Saturday's 9pm

Cop drama series from Iceland, is there a serial killer working their way through a group of folk, who are linked by their past?

Neither of the lead Detectives are remotely likeable in this and both seem to have dark secrets.

Will stick with it, intriguing enough & hopefully their will be a plot twist or 2 to come. 

Some of the scenery is great too 

11 hours ago, Silverton End said:

The Valhalla Murders BBC 4 Saturday's 9pm

Cop drama series from Iceland, is there a serial killer working their way through a group of folk, who are linked by their past?

Neither of the lead Detectives are remotely likeable in this and both seem to have dark secrets.

Will stick with it, intriguing enough & hopefully their will be a plot twist or 2 to come. 

Some of the scenery is great too 

Thought episode one was full of promise, and episode two was ridiculous.  Episode three will make or break it for me. 

9 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Thought episode one was full of promise, and episode two was ridiculous.  Episode three will make or break it for me. 

Yes, it's a mixed bag so far, no idea how it'll stretch to 8 episodes. (I've watched all 4 so far) 

4 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Yes, it's a mixed bag so far, no idea how it'll stretch to 8 episodes. (I've watched all 4 so far) 

But as a Dumbarton supporter you must be used to sitting through horror shows.