Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

The absolute insistence by the BBC to force some strictly pish into pretty much every programme they broadcast. 

The fact they broadcast it twice a weekend anyway. Doesn't seem to be enough. 

Then it's on Breakfast, Morning,  The news, the fucking one show. 

Just fucking stop it. 

I say this every year, they clearly don't listen :lol: 

15 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

The absolute insistence by the BBC to force some strictly pish into pretty much every programme they broadcast. 

Several BBC programmes, Breakfast Time in particular, spend a lot of air time promoting upcoming BBC shows. 

Thinking about it, ITV are at least as bad with their continual pushing of I'm a Celebrity, X Factor, Dancing on Ice etc etc

Edited by Northboy
Additional comment.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

You should shout louder at the telly.

Well I am at that age I suppose. Yes, you've convinced me. I'm gonna try it. 

18 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

Just fucking stop it. 

I say this every year, they clearly don't listen :lol: 

If you watch BBC breakfast and The One Show you lose all rights to complain about anything. It's not like a trailer for strictly is crowding out anything worthwhile. 5  minutes less for sportscunt to try waterrugby or some shite, or some hard hitting investigative reporting to reveal there's sugar in sweets. 

Just fucking stop it. 
I say this every year, they clearly don't listen [emoji38] 
You can add endless Little Mix pish to the above. The BBC have already lost the teenage audience so why bother show trailers before every 6 o'clock news?

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

If you watch BBC breakfast and The One Show you lose all rights to complain about anything.

Nah! I can complain with the best of them. I'm at that age see ;)  

On 25/10/2020 at 09:01, Silverton End said:

It's a great series, Saga Noren is a brilliant character, it was hinted she may have had Aspergers by the actress who plays her.

Great tv show 

A new Danish cop series started last night on BBC 4, called DNA. 

DNA has been pretty good so far , if you can keep up with the three different languages be spoken episode length is jus about right I'd say with a double bill be shown each Sat night. It was probably the last place I'd have expected Charlotte Rampling to turn up 

8 hours ago, GordonD said:

Switched the TV on this morning and Channel 4 was showing Professional Tig. Sounds like something Alan Partridge might have come up with but apparently it's a real thing in America.

They made a sport out of frisbee and they have huge stadia for rounders, so it shouldn't really be a surprise. It still kind of is though, who's paying them for that? 

8 hours ago, GordonD said:

Switched the TV on this morning and Channel 4 was showing Professional Tig. Sounds like something Alan Partridge might have come up with but apparently it's a real thing in America.

Back in the early 90s, Saturday mornings meant Kabaddi on Channel 4.

Here’s some more recent footage of Scotland getting a gubbing off Pakistan. 

On 14/11/2020 at 11:17, GordonD said:

I caught some of this too. Desperate for someone to miss time a slide and go face first into a bar.

On 09/11/2020 at 22:50, stanton said:

DNA has been pretty good so far , if you can keep up with the three different languages be spoken episode length is jus about right I'd say with a double bill be shown each Sat night. It was probably the last place I'd have expected Charlotte Rampling to turn up 

The Valhalla Murders starts this Sat night on BBC 4.

A police profiler working in Oslo returns home to Iceland to help track down a serial killer.