Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

12 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Hosted by Sara Pascoe too. Fucking hell. Bet Chris McCausland wished he was deaf as well that night

Sara Pascoe was on everything on Dave last night. They're focussing on a different comedian every night at the moment.

Simon Reeve.  in Australia on BBC Four . Not sure if this is a repeat or not but it's definitely worth watching, I've watched a few travelogue programmes on Australia but I still find the sheer size of the country difficult to comprehend 

Just caught Chuck D being interviewed on Newsnight. I was just sort of sauntering into the room the telly was in and thought, "oh, that's Chuck D" and didn’t actually move until the interview had finished. He didn't try to "own" anyone or shit out soundbites, he just made calm, thoughtful, intelligent points while waving an expensive looking pencil. I'd forgotten how charismatic he was. Legend. 

On 25/09/2020 at 23:29, coprolite said:

Just caught Chuck D being interviewed on Newsnight. I was just sort of sauntering into the room the telly was in and thought, "oh, that's Chuck D" and didn’t actually move until the interview had finished. He didn't try to "own" anyone or shit out soundbites, he just made calm, thoughtful, intelligent points while waving an expensive looking pencil. I'd forgotten how charismatic he was. Legend. 

Does he still do promo work for the Nation of Islam?

Scotland's Game on BBC Scotland right now.

Yeah, it's a years old repeat but hindsight highlights include...

Ann Budge saying 42 clubs is too many.

Charlie Squinty saying the Angus clubs should merge

Roger Mitchell saying 20 full time clubs should exist as a closed shop

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 21:53, Savage Henry said:

Michael Palin’s reminisces on his travel series was a genuinely brilliant hour of telly.  Can’t wait for the next episodes, even if the talking heads were completely superfluous.  

I'm delighted to see Around the World being rerun - one of the best travel documentaries I can remember seeing. It was only 32 years ago but seems like a different world.

1 hour ago, Northboy said:

I'm delighted to see Around the World being rerun - one of the best travel documentaries I can remember seeing. It was only 32 years ago but seems like a different world.

Right.  The part in Dubai is unreal.

On 06/10/2020 at 15:16, tongue_tied_danny said:

Sky Arts is now available on freeview and they're showing old episodes of Tales of the Unexpected. 

Quality viewing with superb opening and closing credits...

And according to the Facts You Made Up forum, that woman now runs the pie stall at Glebe Park.

The thicko on The Chase who is second up and took the low offer. Primary teacher and thick as mince.

And while we're here, the lying bitch ho's next up that claims to be 33 when she's clearly in her late 40's.

On 06/10/2020 at 10:12, Northboy said:

Cracking theme tune too. 

The thicko on The Chase who is second up and took the low offer. Primary teacher and thick as mince.

And while we're here, the lying bitch ho's next up that claims to be 33 when she's clearly in her late 40's.

Ben the camp PS teacher, thick as a plank of wood. Looked like a total nonce.