Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

The Would I Lie To You bit where Kevin Bridges claims he bought a cow or a horse or something in Bulgaria is also good.

Yes, I loved that one. Turned out to be true as well!

18 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
On 12/08/2020 at 22:26, Miguel Sanchez said:
Louis and the Nazis
What lives some people lead.

Was that the episode where he spent hours in the company of these c***s and then asked them something like "what would you do if I was Jewish?" and they asked him to leave?

He was at a house with some of them and while they were talking he asked them that.

As with almost all white supremacists, they were yokels with no teeth living in squalor in the middle of nowhere.

This was nowhere near as alarming as the woman who was a mother of twins (the father declined to be filmed as he thought it would harm his career as an educator) that she had contrived to turn into a singing duo called Lamb and Links (I swear the second one was called Links, I couldn't make it out properly but that's what it sounded like). She had these two young blond girls singing and when he asked her why she said when they got a bit older around sixteen they would sing about being Nazis and killing n****rs and it would make any red blooded American teenage boy want to listen to them and hear what they have to sing about and become interested in it.

Quite the eye opening experience, really.

As an aside, @Tynierose, might want to know that a certain six letter word for racistly describing black people isn't filtered and probably should be

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

On 11/08/2020 at 18:39, Mark Connolly said:

Dave has just shown the best episode of Would I Lie to You, featuring a woman that Greg Davies claims is his mum and who egged him on in a fight when he was a kid, the possibility that Bob Mortimer might be able to rip an apple in half with his bare hands, and Patsy Kensit.

Greg Davies does entire stand-up shows about his mum. Very funny ones too.

2 minutes ago, ArabGaz said:

In things that delight you on the telly, Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing returns with a new series on Sunday.

Thanks for flagging that up , I knew they'd filmed an episode down this way and I've noticed it's the series opener on Sunday night , should be a good  watch 

On 17/08/2020 at 21:13, NotThePars said:

The Would I Lie To You bit where Kevin Bridges claims he bought a cow or a horse or something in Bulgaria is also good.

That story was hilarious 😂 

Edited by stanton

I watched the first episode of Mini Disco Divas on the BBC Scotland channel with my daughter last night. Quite an entertaining and eye-opening look at the kids' free-style dancing scene in Scotland. I was more disappointed than I should have been that the wee brother of 10 year-old twins Brooke and Taylor in Greenock isn't called Tim.

On 24/08/2020 at 14:29, Stellaboz said:

Anyone remember Tarrant on TV? Used to be a possible way of seeing some boobs on nights where channel 5 weren't showing something juicy, or channel 4 didn't have a "Confessions of a..." film. 

Or OTT, which was Tiswas with nudity*

*unfortunately not Sally James.

Tyson Vs Jaws : Rumble on The Reef .on the Discovery channel . The baddest man on the planet becomes a shark whisperer , yes it's a crazy as it sounds , ex boxer Mike Tyson diving with sharks, it becomes even more surreal ,  if that's possible when you discover that his instructor is man who has lost one of his arms and one his legs to shark attacks  in the past . Crazy stuff but enjoyable 

My daughter has started subjecting us to Mystery Diners - a US reality programme where the presenters go undercover with hidden cameras to expose staff misdeeds in various restaurants. It really is the biggest load of sh#t I've ever seen on TV, every episode looks blatantly scripted and acted out.

There was a thing on Channel 5 the other night about a guy who had his penis removed due to cancer, and was getting help for some kind of replacement appendage.

I didn't watch it because I'm too squeamish and knew it would give me nightmares.

Just wondering if anyone saw it and if the guy had a ...erm...happy ending, as it were?