Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Quiz

The dramatisation of the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire cheat. The way its told it actually has you feeling sorry for The Major when it points out his nutter wife and her brother. Interesting viewing though.

On 16/07/2020 at 21:43, Miguel Sanchez said:

Still getting through the Louis Therouxs. It's amazing how I genuinely can't decide which group he's met is the most deranged. The spiritualists in India are something else.

The alien hunters in the UFO episode...

...and also this guy from the same ep

EVrjbKgWkAAE_lY.jpg

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:
9 hours ago, Northboy said:
Not exactly TV but I just heard on the radio that today will be the last day of Joe Wick's on line exercise class - made my day.

He's an extremely annoying p***k.

He's not the Messiah...

On 16/07/2020 at 21:43, Miguel Sanchez said:

Still getting through the Louis Therouxs. It's amazing how I genuinely can't decide which group he's met is the most deranged. The spiritualists in India are something else.

He's just finishing a retrospective of his 25 year tv career where he will be pondering those very questions and doing a few Zoom chats with those various zoomers. 

Not sure when it's out but he mentioned it yesterday on the latest Off Menu podcast.

I was aware of this a year ago on Twitter and it got my hackles up then, however the programme has been repeated tonight on BBC4.

Katie Puckrik has delved into the phrase 'Yacht Rock' originally West Cost music and seems to be jamming all kinds of genre into her agenda.

She was called out about her west coast influence on the genre regards her inclusion of Hall and Oates (Philadelphia, east coast) and she glossed over by saying she was right.

Don't get me wrong, the content was OK, but to try and justify hoovering up anything to suit her agenda, for example, Steely Dan, New Yorkers just pisses over her claim for the title of her documentary.

Has anyone watched Miracle Workers? Its on Sky and season 2 has Steve Buscemi in it.

Just looking for if it's any good or not before I commence watching it, but I'd watch Steve Buscemi washing his car so I assume it will be.

I spoke about it last year but I’ve only just been watching this years Scottish Homes of the year on I player and I absolutely love it. All 3 of the presenters are pretentious and pretty loathsome but compliment each other perfectly. The young lass Katie is definitely pumpable but there’s something unattractive about her that I can’t quite put my finger on, something about her shape puts me off. Also the way she says the word “home” really grates on me and when they introduce her to the show they big her up by saying she has over a million followers on social media. Then there’s a short haired English lesbian who is the most pretentious and artsy member of the show and a big tall uni lecturer who looks like Dave Grohl having an orgasm. I wish they would do more tv together as their by some distance the best TV trio I have ever seen.

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Has anyone watched Miracle Workers? Its on Sky and season 2 has Steve Buscemi in it.

Just looking for if it's any good or not before I commence watching it, but I'd watch Steve Buscemi washing his car so I assume it will be.

Didn't even know there was a season 2. I saw season 1 which also had Steve Buscemi and thought it wasn't too bad. However I've just looked it up on Wikipedia and season 2 seems to be an entirely different scenario.

6 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Didn't even know there was a season 2. I saw season 1 which also had Steve Buscemi and thought it wasn't too bad. However I've just looked it up on Wikipedia and season 2 seems to be an entirely different scenario.

Yeah Dark Ages it's called. I hadnt heard of it till I seen the ad for 2, then went and looked and realised there was another season. 

I was aware of this a year ago on Twitter and it got my hackles up then, however the programme has been repeated tonight on BBC4.
Katie Puckrik has delved into the phrase 'Yacht Rock' originally West Cost music and seems to be jamming all kinds of genre into her agenda.
She was called out about her west coast influence on the genre regards her inclusion of Hall and Oates (Philadelphia, east coast) and she glossed over by saying she was right.
Don't get me wrong, the content was OK, but to try and justify hoovering up anything to suit her agenda, for example, Steely Dan, New Yorkers just pisses over her claim for the title of her documentary.

I enjoyed the music but the whole idea of labelling it as a genre seemed absolute made-up bullshit.

On 25/07/2020 at 09:47, Bairnardo said:

Okay, I've now watched Season 2 and it was shite. The only connection with Season 1 is that it's based on an entirely different book by the same author and most of the same actors are in it. Even the title doesn't make any sense - Season 1 was set in Heaven (with Buscemi as God), in the department where they answer people's prayers by performing minor miracles (see?). Quite dark humour - one guy they helped find his gloves by causing a wind to blow away the leaves covering them turned out to be a serial killer whom the police couldn't identify because he always wore gloves...

But S2 is set in the Dark Ages so the Miracle Workers bit just doesn't fit.

Being fans of Masterchef, the missus and I have been giving the various series of this from around the world a wee go. Singapore was good. New Zealand was decent. Canada and the USA though? I know they will be told to say stuff for the camera and that but what a bunch of arrogant arseholes. I just don't get why people watch shows with that kind of contestant. It's why I avoid The Apprentice. Rather than having a favourite you want to win, you go through each episode hating so many and getting angry they aren't eliminated. Anyway, looking forward to Masterchef South Africa next...

We’re 3 series into it and I’ve noticed the main menu on Hell’s Kitchen never changes.

Which begs the question. Why would you apply if you can’t cook scallops, steak or risotto. Asking to get verbally abused.